Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQU- Not!

BBQU- Not!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 10:27 am
chagan well done
well done

I have waited in great anticipation for my first viewings of BBQU, and I am still frustrated. The guru's info states that BBQU is shown on NY21. My TIVO, after doing a search, found the show on NY21 and so I told it to record. So, I poured my favorite beverage and readied myself for some fine instruction. Well, let's just say that I was more than disappointed. Instead of the BBQU, I have the Chefs of Napa Valley! This is even though, when I hit the display button, it clearly says BBQU now showing. Are those DVD's ready yet!!??

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue May 18, 2004 10:50 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Chris, It's definately time to place a phone call to your local broadcaster to find out the actual air times for BBQ-U! We've had three episodes (courses) air already and we don't want you missing out.

Good luck!

Post Tue May 18, 2004 10:58 am
chagan well done
well done

Thanks Bob, but according the the PBS station, and the TIVO service, I AM tooning in at the right time. Like I said, if you hit the display program info it says BBQU, unfortunately what is showing is the nasty butt Chefs of Napa Valley. :cry:

Post Tue May 18, 2004 1:23 pm
Big D well done
well done

thats happens to me alot, especially when I am trying to American shows... i.e. I tried to watch Scarface the other day on one of the American chanels (Greatest move ever btw) and lone behold a local channel is broadcasting over it and cant watch it because apparantly they have the airing rights for Canada and wanted to show some other crap instead... doubt thats what happened to you but I know the feeling...

I was tempted to go down to the T.V. station and introduce them to "my little friend" but I decided that wasnt such a good idea....

Post Wed May 19, 2004 1:12 pm
Rocket-Ron rare
rare

Well I can't pick it up here either. Think it must be that big mass of water between us.
Can you please sell it to UK food or something? PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!
My cats breathe smells like cat-food

Post Wed May 19, 2004 3:36 pm
chagan well done
well done

The station just got back to me:

Dear Viewer:

Barbecue University begins on May 22nd at 1:30pm.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

WLIW21
Viewer Relations

Why it was showing up in the guide- I don't know but if you tune into NY21 at this time it should be airing. :wink:

Post Wed May 19, 2004 4:45 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

At least you haven't missed it! :D

However, they should have apologized for their programming inconvenience.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 6:35 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Chagan -

The problem that you had is due to TIVOs poor program guide. TIVO actually admits that their guide is only approximately 80% accurate. From my understanding they create their program guide based on a channels lineup "forecast" done months in advance. That is the reason that you will find a program recorded that ends up being something other than what the title shows.

Return to General Discussion