Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cast iron grates for kettle grills.

Cast iron grates for kettle grills.

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 12:12 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey, I have a favor to ask.

One of you guys out there with a Weber gasser with cast iron grates. Please measure the dimensions of one section of grating.

You Home Depot guys could confirm this by measuring a single grate from the replacement set of cast iron grates as supplied by the BIG ORANGE.

The hinged chrome grate for the kettle grills provides an 11" X 18" area to accept an additional grate or griddle to fit in between the hinges and the diameter of the kettle while resting on top of the stock chrome grate.

I'm just wondering if a section of Genesis cast iron grating will fit in this space.

I didn't measure a non hinged grate. It could hold a larger one.

YB

Post Tue May 18, 2004 2:41 pm
BrockinFla rare
rare

Dont know what size you need but Lodge makes a grill grate that measures 15" X 11"

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product.asp?idProduct=2840
Semper Fi

Post Tue May 18, 2004 2:47 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Rob,

Seems the grill from the Baby Q just might fit in the space. I wil measure tonight, baring T-storms.

Post Tue May 18, 2004 4:53 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, Larry, I bet they'll want a pretty penny for a replacement grate for the "Q".

Since you just bought a new hinged grate and since Weber no longer offers the cast iron option on the 22", I thought if a section of the Genesis grate would fit between the hinges we could split a set and add cast iron to the ol' kettles bag of tricks.

Rob

Return to General Discussion