Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ stuffed cabbage

BBQ stuffed cabbage

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon May 17, 2004 7:59 pm
Big D well done
well done

Well I tried the BBQ Cabbage for the first time today and modified the receipe a little cause I was never a big cabbage fan

I hollowed it out and filled it with some diced apple-flavoured sauage and bacon and chopped tomato, green pepper, red pepper, spanish onion, mushrooms and a little butter plus a good heaping of homemade BBQ sauce and topped with cheese,,, it was amazing!

just wanted to know if anyone had any really good ideas for what to put in the cabbage or what type of wood yo ulike to have smokin while cooking the cabbage..

Post Mon May 17, 2004 8:19 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Try this: hollow a cabbage head as much as possible (don’t let it loose it’s structural integrity). Fell it up with your favorite meat loaf or hamburger mix; make an indentation in the center of the meat (this way the heat will reach the center of the meat). Smoke it using Hickory or mesquite, and then top it with your favorite BBQ sauce and cheese (if you prefer) during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve it with chipotle mayo. Yum :)

Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:28 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

BigD I've done the BBQ Cabbage once myself. However, the first time through I usually stick pretty close to the recipe so I know how it's suppose to taste. Next time I think I'll venture out and try it your way. That sounds terrific! :D

Return to General Discussion