Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Independence Day - 4th of July Celebration

Independence Day - 4th of July Celebration

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:46 pm
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

Ask and ye shall receive:

I'm using the standard firegrate as a support for the expanded metal, insertted into the slot upside down in the first slot up from the bottom.

Here's a shot of the cavernous interior with the goodies:

Brisket on top, Picnic shoulder on the bottom, They went on at 8:30 this morning, at the time of the picture brisket is at 175, and the shoulder is at 170, another few hour to go.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

That's a pretty simple grate and it looks like something I can do. Thanks for the pics. I've got two shoulders and two butts in the GOSMS smoker at the house. Went on at 6:30 this morning. Can't wait to get home. Maybe after the holiday festivities I'll be able to put some more time in on the Bandera.

Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:05 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

After a few hectic weeks with lots of travel, my wife and I are looking forward to a quiet weekend here with menus to match. We are also in the mood for very light food. So the menu. Tonight I did Steven’s grilled quail from HTG. A great recipe. I used almond oil and almonds in the salad rather than pine nuts for a bit more zing.

I have ordered a couple of small snappers (fish) to grill Saturday. I hear some grilled sword fish calling perhaps on Sunday with sautéed spinach that absolutely reeks with garlic.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:25 am

As I mentioned in anoter thread, I did up about 40 pounds of boneless pork butts. They turned out great, which is amazing because the weather was horrible.

I'll post more on the July 4th Pulled Pork thread.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry, guys. My login cookie must have gotten messed up- that last post was me.

Previous

Return to General Discussion