Board index Barbecue Board Ask Steven Bacon Wrapping?

Bacon Wrapping?

Do you have burning questions that need to be answered? A live-fire dilemma that needs to be solved? There are no secrets between grill masters. So I give you “Ask Steven,” a new forum, where you can ask me anything about food and flame. Post your questions here, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can, though at times, because I’m traveling around Planet Barbecue (and you can ask me about these adventures too), it might take me a couple of days to reply.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:16 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Steven, in light of your recent blog post about bacon-wrapping various foods, have you tried wrapped corn-on-the-cob? Or hot dogs? You may know that bacon-wrapped dogs are the official hot dog of the Los Angeles area. :bbq: :cheers:

Got beer???

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:46 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So the uncooked corn is wrapped with bacon and then the whole shebang is grilled? That's a new one for me!

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:52 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
So the uncooked corn is wrapped with bacon and then the whole shebang is grilled? That's a new one for me!

Yessir Brad-- I hot roast it indirect with plenty of hickory smoke. That was an amazingly satisfying meal for me, including the saucy, smokey rib end chop! :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

I have tried both and they rock. (There's a recipe for the hot dogs--called "Cardiologist's Nightmare"--in my book Beer Can Chicken.

Love your photos. Keep them coming!

SR

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I like that-- "they rock."

Thank you for liking my photos, Steven. It means a lot to me that you enjoy them. :D
Got beer???

Return to Ask Steven