Board index Barbecue Board Ask Steven buffalo wing rub

buffalo wing rub

Do you have burning questions that need to be answered? A live-fire dilemma that needs to be solved? There are no secrets between grill masters. So I give you “Ask Steven,” a new forum, where you can ask me anything about food and flame. Post your questions here, and I’ll respond as quickly as I can, though at times, because I’m traveling around Planet Barbecue (and you can ask me about these adventures too), it might take me a couple of days to reply.
Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:16 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

hi steven i bought some pre seasoned buffalo wings from whites custom meats here where i lived theay where great not to hot very tasty i was wondering can you point me to a buffalo wing rub i can find one in your book sauces rubs and maranades
TIMS BBQ

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:28 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Hi, Tim,

How do I love Buff-a-que wings? Let me count the ways.

Marinated in hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and Worcestershire in BBQ USA (page 73).

Fired up with ginger, cilantro, and peri peri pepper sauce Planet Barbecue (page 20).

But to answer your question, here's the Calgary hot wing rub from Indoor Grilling (page 35).

2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed

Rub, smoke, then toss them with equal parts Sriracha and melted butter.

What time's dinner?

SR

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:39 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

thank you steve i have everything i need for that rub supper is around 6 you are welcome but come hungery lol
TIMS BBQ

Return to Ask Steven