Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Fat Willy's Rib Shack (Chicago)

Fat Willy's Rib Shack (Chicago)

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:52 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Over the weekend I heard Sherman Kaplan (WBBM, AM 780) give Fat Willy's Rib Shack a very good review so I thought I'd mention it here. I've never been there but perhaps some of our Chicago people have and can share their impressions.

Brad

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:51 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Listen to WBBM on the way to and from work. Don't always, but usually hear Sherman Kaplan's reviews. Missed this one.
Going to do a recon this weekend to a Sweet Baby Ray's that I just heard opened up on Irving Park Rd. in Wood Dale.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:58 pm
Attrill well done
well done

Fat Willy's is definitely worth a trip - it's good NC style BBQ, I like their pulled pork a lot. The wait can be long at peak dinner times, but the food is really good. In the last few years the Northside of Chicago has had a number of good REAL BBQ places open up (used to be far too many boil and broil places). Some of the ones worth checking out are Calvin's, Honey One, and Leon's.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:23 pm
obuchiteck

Honey One is by far my favorite in my Neighborhood. Fat Willy's is OK, but yea it can be quite packed. Go to Fat Wily's on Tuesday and come early, after your done you can go across the street and watch a movie for 5 bucks.

Return to Best BBQ Joint