Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Vitecks--Waco, Tx

Vitecks--Waco, Tx

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:45 am
DaHorns medium
medium

I had something yesterday called a "Gut Pack", I was a tad skeptical at first but the people that I was working with in Waco yesterday promised me that I would love it! So here is what it contained....

Brisket (chopped), sausage (homemade), beans, onions, pickles, jalapenos, cheese, all layered on a bed of fritos. Accompanied by 2 slices of bread. Now this place is only open when Baylor is in session. They do have BBQ, but everyone in line was getting the "Gut Pack". The whole thing cost less than $6.00. Simply amazing!

It's located across IH-35 from the Triumph motorcycle shop in an old gas station. Ask for Bill (owner, pit master)

Hook 'Em

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:31 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Ah, you are bringing back fond memories of my college days. I was recently talking about that with an old buddy of mine, and trying to explain it to my wife. Glad to hear that it is still there and the "Gut Pack" still lives on. Definitely good stuff! $6.00 , huh? Guess prices went up. You used to could get it and a drink with a $5 and still get change back. I'm not sure I have ever finished one and back then I weighed in at around 215.

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:27 am
DaHorns medium
medium

For anyone who cares, Viteck's will be closing its doors permanently on 12/22. The owner has decided to retire and enjoy the quiet life.......sad sad day!!! Here is a pic of the infamous Gut Pack!!

A bed of Frito's and cheese, topped with chopped beef and sausage, with a scoop of beans, with jalapeno's, onions, and pickles. Topped off with 2 pieces of white bread.......A meal made in heaven!!!

Hook 'Em

Return to Best BBQ Joint