Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint PECOS PIT, SEATTLE, WA

PECOS PIT, SEATTLE, WA

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:49 pm

In the SODO area of Seattle (south downtown) on 1st ave. south, just a couple of blocks south of Safeco Field, home of the Mariners, and directly across the street from Starbucks World Headquaters is a BBQ joint called Pecos Pit. It's an old gas station that was converted over to serve BBQ. No inside seating, just two windows manned by the very fast staff.

A menu of about 8 items, pulled pork and beef sandwitches, sliced as well, BBQ beans, slaw and soft drinks. You can have your sandwich "Spiked" with a grilled hot link, which I always do. The sandwiches come in mild, med, hot. The hot you will feel on your lips for hours! It's awesome.:mrgreen:

This place is only open Monday - Friday, 11am to 4 pm. And there is a line around the block from open to close! The line itself is great cross section of americana, buisnessmen in suits, construction workers, nurses, truck drives.

Keep in mind this is Seattle, the only seatting is outside and very little is covered, and still, year round, there is a line every day from open to close. GREAT BBQ. :mrgreen:
"God willing, I will be welcomed to the Halls of Valhalla, and allowed to run the pit."

Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:15 am
Purkolator rare
rare

Peco's Rocks!

Peco's is actually 1 block north of the Starbucks HQ. I know that because it was directly across from a green building that I worked in for about 1 and 1/2 years. I used to eat at Peco's twice a week on average and still make it down at least once a month for a "sliced beef hot, extra messy, spiked and a side of beans". The hot is indeed hot. I always hate when a place offers hot as an option and then skimps out on the heat. Peco's delivers. Beans are excellent, as is the service. IMHO, Peco's is the best bbq in Seattle.

Man I think I need to make and excuse for a visit on Monday.

Purkolator

Return to Best BBQ Joint