Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best BBQ in San Antonio, TX

Best BBQ in San Antonio, TX

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Best BBQ in San Antonio by far is Rudy's BBQ. If your looking for some awesome BBQ without the glamour of a normal resturaunt, this is your place!!!

Post Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:36 pm

R U Crazy? Did your taste buds up and die? The best BBQ in SA is Bob's Smokehouse Inc. on the Southside (Roland Rd.), not to be confused with other restaraunts called Bob's Smokehouse. Rudy's is fake commercialized garbage like Bill Miller's except the ice tea isn't as good.

PostOakSmoke

Anonymous wrote:
Best BBQ in San Antonio by far is Rudy's BBQ. If your looking for some awesome BBQ without the glamour of a normal resturaunt, this is your place!!!

This is either a big joke or you don't know anything about good BBQ. I'll assume it's the former, but in either case, there is not really any GREAT BBQ in SA. Thats the bad news, the good news is some of the best anywhere is less than an hour northeast in Luling or Lockhart. City Market in Luling and Black's and Smitty's in Lockhart are all are awesome for brisket, sausage and pork ribs. Rudy's could be some of the worst chain store BBQ in the state.

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:23 pm
BBQ101 rare
rare

I like Smitty's they are true old Texas Bbq.
If it smell's like smoke I must be Cookin!!!

Return to Best BBQ Joint