Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Barbecue Pit in El Cajon, CA

Barbecue Pit in El Cajon, CA

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:02 pm
everyguy

If you are in the San Diego area, check out the Barbecue Pit. They have wonderfully juicy Texas style clod that is barbecued just right. It's on Fletcher Parkway in El Cajon, near Navaho Road. The address is

Barbecue Pit
2388 Fletcher Parkway
El Cajon, CA 92020

619-462-5434

If you are in downtown San Diego, take interstate 8 East, go about 8 miles, then go North on SR 125 about a mile. Take the Navaho exit going East (right). Go about 1/4 mile to the T intersection and turn left. You'll see it right up the road on the left-hand side.

Good eating!

David Roberts

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:25 pm

no offense but this place is just plain nasty. try bbq house in ocean beach or kim's bbq in lincoln park if you want authentic bbq in the san diego area. just my 2 cents worth, that's all.

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:48 pm

is this the same Barbeque Pit that was located in Spring Valley many years ago??? I went into that one when I was in High School...many years ago... and the BBQ was great but the couple that owned it were in the middle of one of the loudest meanest arguements I have ever heard... my brother and I were in tears from laughter, they were calling each other every name in the book, then the lady would come out to our table and just be as sweet as tupelo honey to us... we were just busting up.... but the BBQ was good stuff... not sure if this is the same place or ownership, they were an elderly couple back then, wouldn't imagine they were still at it (BBQ'ing that is, I am sure they are still at it argueing)

I used to live off of Navajo and I don't remember ever seeing this one.

Return to Best BBQ Joint