Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Minneapolis, Minnesota BBQ

Minneapolis, Minnesota BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:00 pm
ddog27 medium-rare
medium-rare

I just found out that I have to take a business trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota on Monday. Any good BBQ places I should stop by while I am there?

Post Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:18 am
GDOG raw
raw

I am not shure about Minneapolis but there is a great little place in Rochester called John Hardeys. The ribs are alright but the pork plate with thinly sliced pan fried potatoes ( Jo Jo's) has people standing in line waiting for a seat.
What's that over there?

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:54 am

There is a pretty good bbq place in right on the edge of downtown minneapolis called the Market BBQ. It is down by the convention center. There ribs are pretty dry but have good flavor. That and you get a lot of food. I recomend trying it. There are always tons of Famous Daves in Minneapolis since they are mainly out of Minnesota and Wisconsin. These are always good!!!!!!

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:07 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board huskerchops! :D

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:34 pm
ddog27 medium-rare
medium-rare

I forgot to post this. When I went on my business trip to Minneapolis Minnesota last month I did get a chance to eat some BBQ. I always try to eat some BBQ when ever I travel. I stayed in downtown Minneapolis and for lunch I walked down to Market Bar-B-Que. I ordered a rack of ribs. It came with slaw and white bread. The ribs were not very good and the sauce was bland. I was not very impressed. The slaw was not good either. I was kind of bummed about my meal not being very good. I decided that since my company was paying for my lunch I would order some pie. I ordered some Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Pie. It was incredible!!!! I love pecan pie and have eaten many pieces both good and bad. This piece of pecan pie was so good. I would go back there just for the pie! So that is my review. Here is their website if you want to check them out.

http://www.marketbbq.com/index.htm

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:01 pm
herky rare
rare

http://bakersribs.com/

It's a bit of a drive if you are staying downtown but the beans alone are worth it
When the going gets wierd the wierd trun pro. HST

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:40 pm
jamesstew well done
well done

herky wrote:
http://bakersribs.com/

It's a bit of a drive if you are staying downtown but the beans alone are worth it

I'll second this one, in the 3 years since I moved here this is by far the best BBQ I have had in the state. If anyone knows anywhere else please give an update.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:40 pm
MN_BBQer medium
medium

I recommend John Hardey's in Rochester, I haven't been there in years, but i will always remember it having great sauce and wonderful brisket!
Let's have a few and talk BBQ!
CG PRO SFB

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm
Paulie G. raw
raw

I used to live across the street from Market BBQ, it was good but I don't remember the ribs being dry in texture unless that was not what was meant.
Paulie G.
Pit Boss
B&G Specialty Meats

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Paulie G! :D

Return to Best BBQ Joint