Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Texas In Kentucky

Texas In Kentucky

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:58 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Went to Texas Outlaws in Elizabethtown Ky. They flaunt a lot of "awards" for their ribs (which I ordered for appitizers). They weren't terrible, but they were doused with a sauce that I didn't care for. Then the brisket, pork, and chicken platter that I ordered for my meal was just all dry. I needed a good sauce to make it finishable. But they only make one king of BBQ sauce, so you either like it or you go hungry. They didn't even know what burnt ends are.

Long story short, if you want good Que in E-Town, skip the "Outlaws" and stick to a more law abiding places. (When I find a good one I"ll let ya'll know.)

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:33 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Went a little bit North to Marks Feed Store in Louisville yesterday. Good but I didn't care much for the sauce and the put it all over everything. They had real good burgoo (meat stew). At least they had smoke soming out of the chimney.

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:53 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Tried the Famous Dave's in Clarksville, IN today. Not too bad. Had the ribs and brisket, and it all needed sauce. The Georgia mustard was good though so it turned out alright. Had good sweet tea too.

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:33 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

Went to C & C Fraley BBQ in Radcliff, Ky. I think the ribs were cooked in the oven, and the beans tasted like they were straight out of a can. I guess the only reason they call it BBQ is because they have BBQ sauce. Plus it was expensive. Seriously doubt I'll go back.

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:36 am
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Boy! That's like 0-4!!

Keep that up and you'll get benched!! :lol:
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:11 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

Maybe more like 0-2-2. I think I'm just getting more peculiar as I get older.

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:21 pm
obuchiteck

Go to Lexington Kentucky, they have the best in Kentucky. I forgot some of the names of the places but they were definitely spot on. My favorite is this joint in Chevy Chase area that soled Frickles.. Deep fried pickles.

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:49 am
matthewhickey medium-well
medium-well

obuchiteck wrote:
Go to Lexington Kentucky, they have the best in Kentucky. I forgot some of the names of the places but they were definitely spot on. My favorite is this joint in Chevy Chase area that soled Frickles.. Deep fried pickles.
The name of the place is Billy Bobs, it's not too bad. We used to have a RH&B, but they went out of business, as did Famous Daves recently. I guess we can't support more than one BBQ joint in Lex. I would like more variety myself, oh well. Matthew
GO BIG BLUE

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:02 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

Matthew, is Moonlight all it's cracked up to be? I've been thinking about taking a trip.

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:24 pm
tborg medium
medium

Stick to your own Q. You will bat close to 1000.
Silver Smoker
Weber 22.5 Kettle with rotiss.
WSM
UDS
55 gal.Barrel Grill

Post Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:49 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

I agree with you there. But it's nice to try something diffierent every now and then.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:12 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

Daddy Gusters BBQ on Fort Knox. It's only a little concession stand and only open during lunch but it is good. The ribs and the pork are my favorites, but the beef is mighty fine also. Finally a decent place to get some BBQ around here. :D Besides the homestead of course.

Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:31 am
DaleP raw
raw

Statens in Prospect Ky is very good, and another place that is in Oldham county called Jucys does a really nice job. Some good sides too.
Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q

Return to Best BBQ Joint