Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Bar-B-Cutie

Bar-B-Cutie

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed May 17, 2006 2:50 pm
kl8ton rare
rare

Has anyone eaten at a Bar-B-Cutie?

http://www.bar-b-cutie.com/

They are a franchise that has territories available in my area. I just wondered what everyone's impression of their food is.

Thanks
Clayton

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:51 pm

I lived in Nashville for 25 yrs and loved it!

Someone told me that they actually cooked off-premises and brought it in to the restaurants. Don't know if that was true or not, but it never affected the flavor.

Will have to admit, all I had was the pulled pork, not their ribs. But, hey, when you find a winner...

Perhaps someone else can chime in. I haven't lived in Nashville for 10 yrs and things can change.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 11:23 am
phlydude medium-well
medium-well

they opened one of these by me (Fox Run - Bear, DE)...the food is NOT BBQ'd...it is cooked and then they give you sauce to put on the food. There is no smoke flavor to ANY of their brisket or pork.

The brisket was OK enough...it wasn't dry but didn't have any smoke flavor. The sauce they give you is OK...not glamorous, just OK.

The "BBQ Pork" was moist and shredded but it wasn't juicy pork moist...it was steamed or water moist. No smoke flavor in this one either...

Also, the food was inconsistent...I went on Friday (brisket) and got a nice helping of meat and good sides sizes and 4 pieces of their "griddle cooked" corn bread. I went on Sunday and got the pork but the sides were considerably smaller and corn bread was 1/2 of what I got on Friday. Maybe it was because it was after 8 PM on Friday and 2 pm on Sunday but the inconsistency and the lack of smoke flavor will have me heading to Famous Dave's for lunch instead for $0.30 more (plus tip) and will get me 2 meats instead of just one.

Bar-B-Cutie is fast food, not BBQ
Weber 22" One-touch Gold, Kenmore 4 burner gasser

Post Mon May 04, 2009 12:16 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

Where is Famous Dave's in NCCo?
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 pm
phlydude medium-well
medium-well

Christiana Town Center (Rt 273 between Rt 1 and I-95). Fairly new...maybe a year old at this point.

It is in the shopping center with the Boscov's and Staples. There is also a Red Robin there too...

The Famous Dave's lunch specials can't be beat, especially on a weekend. 2 meat platter for $8.29

Post Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm
Bonewagon rare
rare

I tend to agree with phlydude. There was a Bar-B-Cutie near me (Mt. Pleasant, MI), and it just wasn't very good. Didn't last very long either, after about 6 months it was closed.
WSM
Big Steel Keg
Performer

Post Mon May 04, 2009 3:46 pm
phlydude medium-well
medium-well

the shame of it is that every restaurant that goes in this building fails...there was a Taco Bell there and it closed, then a independant Mexican food restaurant that closed and now this. It competes with a KFC, Saladworks, a couple sandwich/pizza shops, a supermarket and a local burger/ice cream place called the Charcoal Pit (coincidentally, they don't cook with charcoal at all (at least now) but have a good business made on 50+ years of serving good food cheap).

Its not in the best shopping center and about 4 miles in one direction and 2 miles in another, there are all kinds of fast food places and restaurants.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

The immediate area is in a bit of a decline as well (at least it appears that way to someone who's moved out)
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Return to Best BBQ Joint