Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Bar B Q Joints in London

Bar B Q Joints in London

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:33 pm
mzungu70 well done
well done

Hi,

If anyone knows of any Bar B q joints in London, England (apart from Bodeans), then please let me know ......

thanks

dave

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:52 am
TBone medium
medium

I'd love to help you out. But I got caught in a traffic circle there in 1980. When I finally got off pesky thing , about four 'n half years later , there weren't any. BBQ joints I mean. Now tell me something. Are you guys all still driving on the wrong side of the street over there? Or have ya fixed that? :?
CG w/SFB & Rotisserie

Post Mon May 01, 2006 11:21 am
mzungu70 well done
well done

Hola

Yeah those roundabouts sometimes are a pain, but we invented to wind everyone else up .... hahahahaha...... And we've only ever driven on the correct side ...... hahahahahaha......

Dave

Post Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 am
TBone medium
medium

:D
London is one of the great cities. I loved it there, and will go back one day. I don't believe I'll look for a BBQ joint though. Fish and Chips for me please.
CG w/SFB & Rotisserie

Post Mon May 22, 2006 9:48 am

I was last in London about 3 years ago, and had BBQ at a little store-front restaurant in Kensington. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was only a block or two from the Kensington Station on the same road the station is on. When you come up to the street level turn left and go about a block and a half, it will be on the left side of the street. I got the ribs and chicken combo and it was about 1/2 rack of ribs along with 1/2 chicken all smothered in thick rich BBQ sauce. It was actually quite good! During the week that we were in London we went to this place twice for dinner. Go for the fish & chips for lunch - especially at a pub, and then go out for something more substantial for dinner.

Post Mon May 22, 2006 3:06 pm
TBone medium
medium

you could stay in the pub, and have bangors and mash :wink: i think i did :oops:
CG w/SFB & Rotisserie

Post Tue May 23, 2006 8:38 am

Bangers and Mash are okay (if you like hotdogs and mashed potatoes).

Do yourself a favor and DON'T get the "Steak and Kidney Pie"!!!!!!!!!! There wasn't enough beer/ale/stout/bitters/etc. in the Pub to get that taste out of my mouth!

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Mzungu, Good luck! No, I mean it.....My brother lives in London and I love to visit because my other passion is motorcyles and sportscars and the English while great fun to be around, CANNOT cook. (unless you like mayo and cucumber sami'tches)
If it ain't boiled, it's fried and with NO seasoning....!

If anyone finds good 'Q (or any food for that matter in Lnd,UK) PLEASE let me/us know! :lol:

Dave

Return to Best BBQ Joint