Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best BBQ in St.Louis

Best BBQ in St.Louis

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:16 pm
Mad Dog raw
raw

Bandanas BBQ is the best IMHO! Smoked to perfection, there sign says it all, "SMELL THAT SMOKE" The pork plate is my favorite, comes with fantastic baked beans with hunks of the smoked pork in it, very tasty coleslaw, two big slices of garlic toast and fries. Prices that won't break the bank ! check out there site, www.bandanasbbq.com Bandanas also serves ribs, chicken, beef, and boiled peanuts! Four different sauces that will fit any ones taste buds, mine can't get enough of the "sweet and smoky"! If your anywhere near the St.Louis area, make this BBQ place one of your stops!
Main Corporate Office
11750 Gravois Rd. Sunset Hills MO 63127
Phone (314) 849-1046
Fax (314) 849-0875

Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:14 pm

Personally...I think Bandanas has suffered from getting too big. The owners were more concerned about profits than quality. The dishes are very inconsistent from store to store. What will you get at Bandana's...you'll get a big plate of BBQ for a moderate sum....however its more likened taste as if it was cooked for a Buffet...than cooked to order. The slogans are dandy...but what matters most is the food and its mediocre at best.

Supersmokers is hands down the better chain in St. Louis. If you into themed BBQ chains Super Smokers is sure to please and at least their food is comparable from restaurant to restaurant.

However the real secret spot for great BBQ in St. Louis is Richard's Ribs in Kirkwood. Its family owned, small, the food is inexpensive and awesome...and they make BBQ the right way. Richards still does all the grilling and he's a champion with a rack of ribs.

Return to Best BBQ Joint