Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Corky's BBQ from Memphis

Corky's BBQ from Memphis

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:24 am
couvy rare
rare

Anyone heard of this place? We are getting a franchise in BatonRouge. Just wondering if it is good. Reviews say it is.

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:20 pm
bearbonz well done
well done

I have seen it on food network many times, and in several books, including bbq usa. From what I know it is more than a bbq joint, more like an institution in Memphis. Well known for some of the best ribs and pulled pork around.

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:05 pm
lew b

i have been to corky's..i thought the ribs were very good...they have both wet and dry but i really loved the dry ribs...

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:56 pm
SeaRay Cpt

Good for a chain, much better than Mc Sonny's. But still only fair.

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:12 pm
Rg medium-well
medium-well

I stopped at Corkys while driving cross country for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It was such a pleasant memory that we ordered from their website for New Years Eve. The thing with franchises is how well does the franchise carry our the original mission.

It should be worth a try.

Rg
Stock CG w/sfb
3-Burner Evolution Diamond Series

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:10 pm
spin02 rare
rare

I stopped by Corky's in Pigeon Forge, TN over the weekend. I had the Brisket, Smoked Turkey, Smoked Chicken combo. My wife had the Ribs/Puled Pork combo. Everything was really good except for the ribs. They weren't bad, just not on par with the rest of the food.
Weber Performer w/ Smokenator 1000

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:11 pm
jimneva rare
rare

The original Corky's in Memphis is one of the best sources in the universe for ribs, wet or dry. As previous poster's have stated, it can be a toss up when it come's to franchises. There are two other locations in the Memphis area. One is only mediocre, while I understand the other is just as good as the original, and much easier to get into.

Return to Best BBQ Joint