Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BBQ Joints in Manhattan

BBQ Joints in Manhattan

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:36 pm

I read this chain all the way back from this summer. I couple of places have already been mentioned; Blue Smoke, Dinosaur, R.U.B, and Daisy Mays. Blue Smoke is tops in my book. I was extremely dissapointed with Paul Kirk's place, Rub. Everything was overcooked, and the overall atmosphere is just nove very inviting....Others to enter the scene are "Smoked" in the East Village, "Bone Lick Park" in the West Village, Spanky's in Mid Town. Spanky's is an offshoot of Heartland Brewery. (In my opinion, it's terrible)
I am a bbq affectiondao, and have started my own NY metro based BBQ catering company, called Baba's Barbeque..you will soon hear of it.....

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:29 pm
919 medium
medium

Are we talking about Manhattan, Kansas or the other Manhattan. The only good place is Cox Bros.

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:43 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

Had some time to kill on Times Square last week, so I stopped in Virgil's. The pulled pork was not authentic, but a decent sandwich for NYC nonetheless. Sweet BBQ sauce, and overly-chilled potato salad and slaw.

Then again, at about $10.00 it was a pretty good sammy compared to most NYC eats...
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:06 pm

I agree about Virgil's pull pork. not bad for the price. I've been there a few times and it was consistant it the quality.

Spankys is a nice looking place but the ribs were "gummy". Nice smoke ring, but not a good product. The brisket was alright.

"BBQ" is opening up again on 42 street. I dont consider this a real BBQ place. Great for beers, wings (huge turkey), and burgers.

Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:30 am
cmcadams well done
well done

I've heard R.U.B is very good... but have't gone myself.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:47 pm
redrum801 rare
rare

hey u guys might wanna try brother jimmy's , its a cool place to gather with co-workers and freinds , kick back a few and have some good que :D , heres there link , www.brotherjimmys.com , they have couple of spots in the city , i believe they cook NC and SC style que

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:37 am
baker well done
well done

You might want to go here tomorrow and Sunday:

http://www.bigapplebbq.org/

Looks like it'll be a great time.

Return to Best BBQ Joint