Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Any recommendations in Phoenix???

Any recommendations in Phoenix???

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:34 pm
krugs84 rare
rare

We haven't found anything good out here, any recommendations?

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:50 am
Longmill well done
well done

Welcome krugs84! Glad to have you aboard.

Hope someone from your area stops by with an answer to your question. Wish I could help, but I'm way across the country from ya.

Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:23 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board krugs84! :D

Also unable to help though, haven't been to your area. Hang tight cause we have lots of members.

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:33 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

welcome aboard.
A quick search brought up these:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=516&highlight=phoenix
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4407&highlight=phoenix

It's not Q but I've heard great things about Durant's in downtown PHX for a special meal. They aren't cheap. The steaks are supposed to be awesome this place has been around for 50+ years. All of their steaks are wet-aged for 21 days and cooked over mesquite. Make sure to try them if you are in the PHX area and are looking for a special evening.

The other place I've been to is downtown called Kincaids that was really good again not BBQ but a great place. Also not cheap.

And one that I've heard of but can't offer anything else is called Banderas out in Scottsdale.

Hope these help.

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:05 am
bearbonz well done
well done

Welcome aboard. Check out azbbqa.com There are some bbq joint reviews there and bbq competitions, get together trying out differrent bbq joints. As well as some other gatherings, and chili and DO cook offs.

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:52 pm
ddog27 medium-rare
medium-rare

krugs84 wrote:
We haven't found anything good out here, any recommendations?

Try Joes BBQ in Gilbert AZ is really good and worth trying. Honey Bears BBQ ia another great BBQ place in AZ. I would reccomend both of them.

http://www.joesrealbbq.com/
http://www.honeybearsbbq.com/

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:03 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

It's not 'Que and I haven't been there since '82 but I used to enjoy the Mesquite grilled Cowboy Steaks at Pinncal Peak steakhouse (corny as it was ..)

Mostly we used to fill our trunks with mesquite, and grill our own back at Thunderbird ...
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:43 pm
bearbonz well done
well done

Pinnacle peaks is in Tuscon. Has been there for ages. It's a fun steak house and a local institution. The food is great and trail dust town (the old west facade of stores) is fun if taking kids. If you are lucky you may get to watch a new in town snow bird go there wearing a tie :shock:

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:28 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

It must be a chain by now ... The Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Scottsdale has been there for years. I'd guess by now not too many snowbirds are naive enough to wear a tie in AZ ...
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:56 am
bearbonz well done
well done

may be different owners. I dont know for sure. The one in tucson has been there for over 30 years.

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:23 pm
Kenwood rare
rare

So far the only BBQ place I've El Paso BBQ in Glendale and Scotsdale. Very good ribs. I even bought a couple bottles of the sauce.

Post Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:51 am
bearbonz well done
well done

Kenwood, I recently did a BBQ crawl with some folks in the valley. We tried Famous Dave's, Joe's and Big star bbq. Joe's was more like a real q joint with counter service and pretty good food. I noticed they have 3 big Oyler cookers they use. Famous Dave's and big star both use southern pride which fast cooks the Q and the quality shows for it. Wasn't terribly impressed with either one.
I did go to a place with a bbq buddy and competition team mate or in Scottsdale at 7919 E Thomas. Ivan is the owner and cook there. The ribs were just a tad dry towards the ends. He cooks them dry anyway. Sauce only on the side. I got the sampler with beans and slaw. We also got a fried appetizer plate of japs and onions. I was satisfied. Good flavor to everything. Fresh cornbread is brought out too. My only complaint is that the ribs could have been just a touch more moist. But past the brisket end of the ribs they we're really good.

Gator BYCC
GOSM

Return to Best BBQ Joint