Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Joe's Stone Crabs

Joe's Stone Crabs

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:50 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just to give a little extra nod to the article and picture on the front site....Joe's Stone Crabs is the greatest. For many years my grandparents were regulars there and our treat whenever we visited was to go to Joe's! I have many fond memories of meals of stone crabs, homefries, and coleslaw with their famous keylime pie for dessert. I will never forget the atmosphere or the food! I never tried anything other than the meal above, but have no doubt that the rest of the menu is equally fantastic. I look forward to trying the BBQ USA salmon recipe soon.

Eat at Joe's!!

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:16 pm
Forrest rare
rare

Yep, Joe's Stone Crab in South Beach is great. Just make sure that you stop by the bank before you go! :wink: BTW, most of those extra-large stone crab claws are harvested out of Florida Big Bend town St. Marks, which is just south of Tallahassee. We don't even see those extra large claws around here since just about of those are all sent to Joes and a few other place around the county. Stone crab claws are always cooked in giant steamers at the dock just after harvest and before they are shipped.
Forrest

Return to Best BBQ Joint