Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Joe's Real BBQ - Gilbert, AZ

Joe's Real BBQ - Gilbert, AZ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:06 pm
chad70 raw
raw

Joe's Real BBQ in Gilbert, AZ. I've moved around like a gypsy most of my adult life. From the West Coast to the East and places North and South. Nowhere will you find a more down home feel from a BBQ joint. Just walk underneath the neon sign and smell the intoxicating pecan wood smoked meats and you are in BBQ nirvana. The art deco paintings depicting Arizona farm life bring you back to simpler times. From traditional brisket, pulled-pork and chicken, to curious items like turkey jalapeno sausage, Joe's menu is full of surprises! Even as the BBQ meats take center stage you will be amazed at the side dishes. They have baked potatoes as big as your head! Salads with BBQ Ranch dressing! Knock you on your heels piquant BBQ sauce! The warm and friendly atmosphere makes it perfect to bring the family for dinner, lunch with the guys or even casual date night. I am also impressed by the philanthropic efforts of the owner. Every year he has a Customer Appreciation and Anniversary Celebration and gives away free lunch to everyone who stops by! It is hard to find that kind of generosity these days. If you ever find your way to the Valley of the Sun you must eat here, your taste buds will thank you again and again! :wink:

Submitted by:
Chad70

Nomination:
Joe's Real BBQ
301 N. Gilbert Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85234
(480) 503-3805
www.joesrealbbq.com
The point of the journey, is not to arrive.
-N.P.

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:07 pm
Chadzilla

I LOVE Joe's Real BBQ in Gilbert. It is definately my choice. I buy thier bottled bbq sauce for my own grill. We ate there after wedding practice the day before my wedding. I always get Joe's homemade root beer to go with my meal. Definate treasure just a few miles from my house. If your ever in town, and get hungry, go to Joe's Real Barbecue.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:48 am
UgElric

This place is like Crack it is so addicting. I Live in Reno and was down visiting a friend in Gilbert Arizona. He took me to this place and I have been in love ever sence. It is bad when I plan trips to arizona just to go to this place. Add to that I might as well devote a whole room in my house to store the BBQ sause I bring home with me every time. I have eaten a Lot of BBQ all over the US in my 30 year of and nothing I say nothing is as good as Joes.

Return to Best BBQ Joint