Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint South Carolina BBQ

South Carolina BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:13 pm
bupo107 rare
rare

If you ever get to Moncks Corner, SC - about 45 miles NW of Charleston, SC, up Hwy 52 check out Music Man's BBQ right off Main St. Delicious vinegar based BBQ.

Also - there's a place called C&C in Cordesville, SC a few miles outside of Moncks Corner.

The best in the state is Sweatman's near Holly Hill, SC - in my humble, overeating opinion.

Robert's in North Charleston also makes a mean BBQ sandwich.
Bupo107
www.outdoorculinary.com

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:45 am
MJ

Can't mention South Carolina BBQ without mentioning the Bessinger boys. Two locations in Charleston and one in Columbia. Great eats at all three. Slightly different recipes at each one too.

Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:51 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been grilling and q-ing for awhile but I'm a newbie to the web site. I'm enjoying reading all the posts.

The Greenville-Spartanburg area has some good places.

Henry's Smokehouse is located on Wade Hampton Blvd. near downtown Greenville.

Mutt's Barbecue has locations in Greer, Simpsonville and Easely.

T. D. Smoker's is located on Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greer.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

I find I don't like much at most bbq joints... it's just not as good as at home. With that said, there's one place that I would not hesitate to go to again and again... One of a Kind Smokehouse in Hollywood, SC, south of Charleston. Ken and Holly are great people, and Ken makes some really incredible stuff. He makes stuff for his place that's better than most people can make at home for their family. His sides are even great.

If you're in that area and haven't been there, it's not a fancy place. Tell either of them that Curt McAdams sent you; I was there once, but I've sent family there several times since, and he put together a Christmas present for some family that were nearby for Christmas.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 pm
Buddy26 rare
rare

Sweatmans, by far the best! Dont forget the HASH

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Okay, I've gotta mention one place that I found absolutely fascinating, not just because of their good barbeque, but because of the abundance of "cultural" books and memorabilia...

Maurice's BBQ.

Located just off of I-95 in Santee, SC - this place is extremely interesting. Definitely mustard based sauce in and or on everything, but all pretty tasty.

But his bookstore and gift shop is something that needs to be experienced to be appreciated. In this little place, the "War of Northern Aggression", a.k.a. "The War for States Rights", a.k.a. "The War Between the States", (DON'T call it "The Civil War" as you will be quickly informed that there was NOTHING civil about it) has never ended! Be prepared to discover MANY little known facts and possibly understand a wee bit better the feelings still harbored well over a century later!

Try the food, and take a look around. You'll be amazed!!!

Return to Best BBQ Joint