Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BBQ Joints in MIchigan

BBQ Joints in MIchigan

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 am
tedingr raw
raw

Live in the Grand Rapids area where can i find the best in this area? :lol:

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:40 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board tedingr! :D

Hopefully someone near you or that has been thru those parts will be by shortly. Feel free to join in the general discussion too.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:32 pm
kiltedcook well done
well done

I've never been to this place myself but I've heard it's pretty good.

44th Bbq
4586 STAUFFER AVE SE
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
49508-5061

I also believe there is a Smokey Bones in the area. I've heard conflicting stories on the chain's quality, but the one here in Ft Wayne is not bad at all.

Char-Griller Super Pro w/SFB

Barbequed Haggis Anyone?

Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:02 am
HockeyPug rare
rare

Yes there is a Smokey Bones on 28th Street, just west of I-96.

Post Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:31 pm
NitroNate rare
rare

The best BBQ in GR is Sandmann's on the corner of Wealthy St. and Fuller. You can't get better then their ribs and chicken. I just wish she offered a brisket.

I work down the street and I'm tempted to go there every day of the week.

Nitro

RandyG

I live in NE GR. Plainfield & 96ish. Grew up in Kentwood, been here all my life. The Que was the best down by Division and Hall or so, but Anthony who owns it shut it down last year and will probably open somewhere else. he still caters though, but that doesn't help me.

The best all around place is Texas (something or other). go west on 28th, take a left (south) at Byron Center and it's just south of 36th on the east side of the street. You pass 36th, there's an elementary school and then the BBQ joint. They use real wood and a trailer smoker. They're small so I'm having a hard time locating them on the web. I don't get out that way too much, but I've got to go to MC and Dicks sports, so I'll try to swing by and get the physical address and phone for you and I this week. (if you respond back by email)

I've had Sandmanns, and they just use kingsford charcoal and lighter fluid. It's not bad, but ok.

The best brisket sandwich is from Famous Daves. The other items are Ok, but the brisket is done right. A lot of times I'll stop by for brisket before I do some pork butts or ribs to get the q going thru my veins.

Smokey Bones, I'd say everything is ok. I know they've won lots of trophies, but the real bbq doesn't carry over to their stores. Again, not a bad place, but if you can't make a great pulled pork sandwich, it's just a choice between you and Wendy's.

If you need anything, just holler. You can email from the website below. If you do, make sure you identify who you are or I may delete it. Let me know if I can help or you need a smokey fix :-)

www.bestbbq.info

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Hah! That's funny RandyG, I live in the same area. Up by Lowes.

Nitro

Return to Best BBQ Joint