Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BEST Beef Brisket

BEST Beef Brisket

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:39 pm
PostOakSmoke

Black's BBQ in Lockhart, TX. A close second is City Market in Luling, TX, No others come close.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:43 pm
Lockhart

You won't get much disagreement from me on that. Black's and City Market-Luling brisket is fantastic. Louie Mueller's brisket was close on the one occasion I've been there though.

(I'm not from Lockhart, just consider that little town to be the BBQ center of the universe)

Post Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:39 pm
Edgar Black

Thank you for your support. We appreciate your business!

Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:22 pm
San Antone Joe

Black's BBQ has got to be the best joint in Texas. They have fantastice beef brisket and coarse ground peppery homemade sausage. Get a pound of beef and a few rings and your good to go. Do not put sauce on any of their meats, they dont need it. Thank you Mr. Black for the best BBQ I have had anywhere!

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:47 pm
BBQ101 rare
rare

I will have to give Black's a try in April or November this year. I tried Smitty's this year and I must say it was real good. I have heard Black's should be on my list for my next trip to Texas. We are driving down to Houston in April to pick up a friends new Klose Pit. Might just have to take a detour.
If it smell's like smoke I must be Cookin!!!

Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:00 pm
San Antone Joe

For sure head to Lockhart after you've picked up your new pit. The best grub you will probably ever cook will be warming up some of Black's sausages you brought home with ya! :wink:

Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:04 am
BBQ101 rare
rare

Thanks Joe. The Mrs and I are planning on moving the family to Texas in spring 2006 or 2007 and San Antonio is top on our list.
If it smell's like smoke I must be Cookin!!!

Return to Best BBQ Joint