Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Chains

Chains

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:02 pm
matthewhickey medium-well
medium-well

I have had both good and not so good at Smokey Bones, but I have never had bad BBQ Nachos there, always a winner in my book. Also, I have never, ever had a bad meal at RH&B. We had one in Lexington, but it went ou of business. I guess that says something about either me or thier food, huh? :D I think most people in KY were more accustomed to something like Sonnys or Tony Romas. Of course, this was about 5-6 years ago, so maybe people didn't have the idea of what good que was all about then, I don't know. But, I sure do miss having a good chain around for BBQ. We did have a Corkys open up and I do like their food, but I still can cook better ribs than them. :D :D I just don't have all the trophys hanging around like they do, oh well. I'm just lazy, not untalented. Yeah, thats the ticket!

Post Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:57 am
DarkRubiTJ medium-well
medium-well

They just put a Smokey Bones a couple of miles from us and I wasn't impressed. Having grown up in great BBQ country, I have a pretty good idea of what good Q tastes like and it wasn't Smokey Bones.

The brisket was sliced wrong and because of that it was really tough. I tried the 3 meat platter and none tasted like the Q I'm used to. My Lady had the ribs and they tasted like they were forced and the smokey flavor was artificial.

We won't be going back.
Weber "Q", Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Bar-B-Kettle

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:58 pm
foxspit medium-rare
medium-rare

Famous Dave's is about the only franchise barbecue joint in Lincoln and the quality is consistent. I like Famous Dave's, nice smokey flavor and plenty of sauce choices if you want that.

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:20 pm
Andy medium
medium

I like Famous Daves very much, for a chain.
Andy

Weber Genesis 1000
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 18.5" One-Touch Silver
Weber 14.5" Smoky Joe

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:17 pm
ubbergubber medium-rare
medium-rare

As fare as chains go tony romas can do a decent job with the ribs and have a good overall atmosphere and the famous daves can get a little over the top but if you want some fun its not bad with a sense of hummer thrown in. the meats are good but i have been to several and found thy tend to make some things different each place..(Still haven’t found the same Texas brisket sandwich three times ...) but for the area i live in...It’s better than nothing...or ...as i see it ....
In the great state of WI. Where bar-b-que is defined as ground hamburger in a red"ish" sauce on a white bread bun it’s not surprising that almost every sit-down type restaurant has a "barbequed"...”bla bla "...and it is a fryed
'Bla bla " toped with the best available open red sauce in the back ...
For me I like the chains..Its closer and cheaper than going out of state or at least 3 hours for ribs...but if i get that bad off i make my own .but then on this sight dont we all ( sorry about the ranting yall' its spring and ill feel better soon ...mmmm wood smoke......)
"Fire up the grill cuz huntin' aint catch 'n release!"
.. Ubber gubber .. murph..

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Smoky Bones has okay Q, as does Famous Dave's. Bones is KC style with thick rich sauce smothering the meat, while Dave's is a bit more refined with an actual taste of the meat peeking through. Bones thinks way too much of their product ($11.95 for a Q plate!).

In North Carolina and the southeast, Sonny's BBQ is pretty popular; however, their Q is very smoky flavored and sliced thin with the thick-rich sauce on it.

Best chain that I've found in North Carolina is "Smithfield's Chicken and Barbecue". They serve up "Eastern North Carolina style" Q which is sauced with a vinegar based with red pepper flake sauce. Also has wonderful Brunswick stew, white cole-slaw, potato-salad, and some of the best hushpuppies you could ever imagine. The chicken is fried golden crispy and is always super moist inside. Top this all off with a big cup of sweet iced-tea and you got yourself a great dinner! On my 1-5 scale, Smithfields rates a 4.7!

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:39 pm
HND medium-well
medium-well

Grand Scale wrote:
I like Smokey Bones and Red Hot and Blue.
Both have very respectable if not good BBQ.

smokey bones is pretty good.....

i remember redhot and blue to be a great place for ribs....then they shut down here in the quad cities.....

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint