Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Jack's BBQ in Nashville and Lexington BBQ

Jack's BBQ in Nashville and Lexington BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:26 pm

Tried this joint on a recent RV trip while moving through Nashville. Very simple place, served cafeteria style. Good BBQ and then a nice stroll in the downtown area to walk it off. I tried a few other BBQ joints on my 4600 mile trip and tell about them at the blog I used to keep a journal of the trip at http://www.skgourmet.blogspot.com

I think my favorite was Billy"s BBQ in Lexington, KY.. bbq teamed with a Old Kentucky bourbon Beer! very nice

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:25 pm
JaxQ raw
raw

Well, me and my buddies went up to the Final 4 this weekend and on the way back to Florida we got off I-65 in Nashville to have lunch at Jack's. However, much to our dismay they closed at 3pm and wouldn't you know it, we were at the door at 2:58pm and the doors were locked.

We wandered over to Rippy's barbeque across the street and really liked it. It was our first time eating there for each of us. Service was great. I had the pulled chicken while the other guys ordered the pulled pork. We snacked on a slab of ribs that was very meaty and tasty. My only problem was they had one sauce--spicy barbecue sauce. Sauce was ok, but I would have liked more of a selection.
Jeff

Return to Best BBQ Joint