Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Joe's Real Barbecue in AZ

Joe's Real Barbecue in AZ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:55 pm
ddog27 medium-rare
medium-rare

I tried the best BBQ joint in AZ! The name of this place is Joe's Real Barbecue. As I walked to the door, it was the wonderful smell of Pecan wood wafting through the air. I heard good stuff about this place, and so far it was keeping true to it's legends. Inside was really neat, big John Deere tractor, old advertising signs everywhere and booths and tables lined the walls and floor. It's served cafeteria style and they offer almost everyting across the Q spectrum. Brisket, pulled pork, turkey, turkey-jalapeno sausage, and so on. I tried the brisket, turkey and sausage. The brisket was good, and the turkey and sausage were great. Good smoke ring on everything. The baked beans were awesome, but not traditional style. They were really sweet with what appeared to be small lima beans in it as well. The cole slaw was good.
One of the managers asked if we wanted to see the units in the back. They let us back and showed us the whole operation. We tried brisket right off the smoker, and it was moist, tender and delicious. They use 100% pecan wood in the J&R smoker. One of the best things was the selection of sodas available IN A REAL GLASS BOTTLE!!!! Coca-Cola in a glass bottle is just a special treat, you don't find that much anymore. I will definitely go back to Joe's !!

:D

Return to Best BBQ Joint