Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint St. Louis recommendations?

St. Louis recommendations?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:55 pm
Ira raw
raw

Hello, my name is Ira. I am new to the Board. I'll be going to St. Louis this weekend and would like you recommendations for that cities best BBQ. By the way, I went to Champaign, Ill to Lil Porgy's as suggested and it was good.
Ira
:)

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:11 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Ira, welcome to the board! :D

I found 14 recommendations for places in St. Louis in the "Best BBQ Joint" forum. :D The easiest way to find them is by using the "SEARCH" feature in the menu at the top of the page. Use these parameters.

Search for Keywords: "LOUIS"

Forum: "Best BBQ Joint"

Display results as: "Posts"

Return first "1000" characters of posts

And leave everything else default.

We also have a few members from the area, maybe they'll see this in time. Hope to see you around and have a great time in ole' St. Louis.

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:26 am
MReynolds well done
well done

Not sure what part of St. Louis you'll be staying in, but doesn't really matter. If you want good BBQ in St. Louis, go to somebody's back yard. I swear I've always had better, than what's commercially available, in someone's yard. Having said that, there are three places here in town that jump out in my mind. Super Smokers, Smokey Bones, and Bandana's. If you want to try SS, go to their location in Eureka out by Six Flags. They even have a stand downtown at the baseball stadium if you're headed to a ballgame. Bandana's has locations all over the metro area. I prefer Bandana's as they are close to my house and work. I really like their pork lunch plate. Not sure how many locations Smokey Bones has and have only been there once a couple of years ago. Think TGIFridays or Applebee's, but with BBQ.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other places that I don't know about and they probably have great food as well. While you're here, try a bbq pork steak. They're great and definitely a St. Louis thing.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:47 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

I spent a week in St. Louis about a year ago, and the Cue joints were mostly chains. I think I was confused looking for those famous "St. Louis" ribs before I learned it was a cut, and not a recipe.

I did have some very fine bratwursts there, though .... and some very good Italian food.

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:34 pm
MReynolds well done
well done

Ira, totally forgot about the activities this past weekend. First weekend in August is the annual Strassenfest celebration with lot's of beer, brats, carnival rides and games for the kids. Hopefully, you were able to partake in the festivities. I was unable to do so due to travel. :cry: Sometimes there's nothing better than an "Oompah" band and a Biergarten. :wink:

phillyjazz is right, mostly chain restaurants here. Like I said, you're better off grilling/smoking in the backyard.
ImageImage
PETA - People Eat Tasty Animals

Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:37 pm
...drive about 250 miles west to Kansas City. You'll find plenty there. :D

Return to Best BBQ Joint