Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best In Nashville, TN

Best In Nashville, TN

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:53 am
blackduckbuck medium-rare
medium-rare

The best place in Nashville is the old Loveless Cafe. It's about 20 minutes from downtown on the south east side right where the Natchez Trace Parkway starts. They have the best smoked pork chops you'll ever eat!! The people are great and the food is unbeleivable. These are the guys that talked me into buying the SFB for my Chargriller. Thanks to everyone at the Loveless for their hospitality!!

If your in Nashville, you've got to go!!!!

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:27 pm
Mike from Naperville

Neeley's

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:57 am
yazoo-b-q raw
raw

'dem bones' pulled shoulder sandwich. on 8th past the farmer's market on the right. purdy tasty.

Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:54 pm
Cajunhoot well done
well done

they have some good ham too

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:05 pm
Dannyob

Judge Roy Beans in Downtown Nashville. Outstanding!!!!

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:17 pm
Ronbo rare
rare

Just got back from Nashville and I couldn't get enough BBQ!!! But I will have to say my favorite place was Jack's BBQ on Boardway. Pulled Pork was excellent. Brisket was good. Ribs weren't the best I have had. Also went to The Pit and Witts, both were also worth eating. More Sweet Tea please!
"Taste the Difference" - Traeger Grills

Post Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:15 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Ate a very disappointing barbecue platter at The Wild Horse Saloon on Labor Day and some very good brisket at Jack's on Broadway later in the day.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:23 am

I was only in Nashville for a very short time, but I can tell you that "Whitt's BBQ" in the airport is worth getting a sandwich from.

Their BBQ had good moistness and tenderness, and the flavor was fairly good, with a bit of red-sauce twang to it. Not bad for airport food, and not too bad for Q either.

Unfortunately, the only other place I ate BBQ while I was there was at the "Scoreboard Bar & Grill" practically across from the Gaylord Grand Olde Opry Hotel. This Q was dry and fairly chewy, with a slight smoky flavor and red-sauce spooned over the top.

I just wish that I had transportation to get to some of the better establishments.

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:56 pm
VanderClay rare
rare

Carl's Perfect Pig in my home town of White Bluff has very good pulled pork and ribs. It's about 25 miles west of Nashville on Hwy 70. About 10 miles continuing west on 70 there is my favorite catfish place, the Catfish Kitchen. If you want great Southern food and hole-in-the-wall atmosphere that some others spend big money to try to dictate, check these out. Both are excellent examples of rural southern eateries. Excellent!

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 am
HND medium-well
medium-well

I've had whitts, neeleys, old loveless, and jacks....i prefer jacks over all fo them....its a blast to grab a bag full of pork/beef and sneak it into predator's games...

Return to Best BBQ Joint