Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best BBQ in Gatlinburg, TN

Best BBQ in Gatlinburg, TN

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:46 am

We just got back from a few days R & R with the family. We decided to head to the mountains this time and we spent 4 days in Gatlinburg, TN. I had not been there in about 12 years so it was just like the first time all over again. My wife and two sons along with my parents made the trip and had a wonderful time.

So that I can keep this BBQ related, I wanted to tell you about a restaurant we had several meals at while in Gatlinburg. The name of the place is Bennett’s Pit BBQ. It is located on River Road in downtown Gatlinburg. Check out their website at www.bennetts-bbq.com and plan a trip that includes Bennett’s.

Unlike a lot of BBQ restaurants, Bennett’s serves breakfast, a very good breakfast. They offer an unbeatable full breakfast and fruit bar for those of us who just like to “graze”. They also offer a full breakfast menu featuring old fashioned pancakes, omelets, B & G (that’s biscuits and gravy for you northern readers), and several breakfast platters. All are reasonably priced and you can even print off coupons from their menu page that will save you 10% on your meals. Print off several and use them on each visit.

The best meal that I had at Bennett’s was dinner. There were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try but could not decide which item I wanted most. Would it be the hickory smoked ribs? Maybe the ½ hickory smoked chicken? Man, the brisket sure does sound good. Then I found it! The word every BBQ lover likes to read on a menu; “Sampler”. I ordered their Texan Sampler. This comes with a generous amount of chopped BBQ pork, beef brisket, sausage, chicken and pork spareribs. Sides included BBQ beans and coleslaw and a toasted bun. All this for $17.99. Everything on my plate was wonderful. All the meat had an awesome hickory smoke flavor without being overpowering. The smoke ring on the brisket was amazing. Great skin on the chicken and the chopped pork was possibly the best I have ever had. I do not know what Bruce puts in his sauce but it is out of this world. The spare ribs were a little dry and tough but they did not bring down the overall quality of this dish. Overall, I would give Bennett’s a 9.0 on a scale of 1-10.

So, the next time you go to Gatlinburg, check out Bennett’s. They have a great child’s menu along with serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. We’ll go back!
Ole Smokey
www.olesmokeybbq.blogspot.com

Chargriller Super Pro w/SFB
WSM

Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:05 pm

I'll second that. We have been going to G'Burg every year since 1994 when I got married, and Bennett's is a part of every trip. They have a location in Pigeon Forge as well. I have a hard time getting anything but the ribs. They give you a little jug of extra sauce, there's never any left when I'm done. I hafta stop now, I'm drooling and don't want to short out my keyboard...

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:10 am

Did not get a chance to hit the one in Pigeon Forge. Will try to get there next trip.

What are some other good Q places in that area? I don't know of many chains other than Bennett's but I would think there would be some good out of the way spots up there.
Ole Smokey
www.olesmokeybbq.blogspot.com

Chargriller Super Pro w/SFB
WSM

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Also in the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area are "Corky's" and "Calhoun's". All three places (including Bennett's) are really good; however, I'll wait in line for over an hour to get Calhoun's ribs!!! (I won't wait more than about 20 minutes at Corky's or Bennett's).

Calhoun's has the best ribs that I have ever tasted and they are very meaty!!!

All the BBQ establishments in that area serve their meat with "Memphis style" BBQ sauce.

Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:35 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

There's always room for "Another_Q_Lover", welcome to the board! :D

Return to Best BBQ Joint