Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Colorado Springs Anyone?

Colorado Springs Anyone?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:18 am
BingeAndPurge medium
medium

Decided to try the top-rated place in town according to the reviews I meticulously read through --Front Range Barbecue-- for father's day. I ordered the ribs and brisket combo with the ribs naked. I wasn't too impressed. The sauce was good, but the meat was bland and seemed old and dry. Also, the place was tiny and uncomfortable and the service was barely OK considering we ate early and there was no dinner rush. Maybe I was just there on a bad night.

Anyone from the area or anywhere close have any suggestions? I've read both good and bad about a place called "Bennet's". I also want to try "Charlie's Pit" and also "Red, Hot, and Blue". Any advice?

Thanks
Back in the land of poisonous nuts

Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:34 am
smokyblues well done
well done

My wife and I moved back to Oklahoma from Colorado Springs last year. We lived out there for a little over 2 years. I had heard, never tried it, that Front Range BBQ was also supposed to be good. I never tried Charlies either. We lived off of Powers and S.Carefree so the Texas Roadhouse was right next to us and they have some decent ribs for a chain place. With all the great mexican food out there, Chipolte, Amanda's Fonda, Monica's, we always ate out at those places. I miss the Breakfast Burritos from Monicas on early morning fishing trips to the South Platte. Good Times.
Weber Performer
Weber One Touch Silver
Oklahoma Joe's 20" Barrel Smoker aka "Betty"

Keep it Smokey

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:47 am
Smokin' rare
rare

I know of this place in Prospect, CO (near Longmont) called The Rib House. They slow smoke the ribs and they are incredibly tender with a great smoky flavor. I've only tried the "extreme" sauce which seems to have habenaro in it, but it's a great little sauce. Honestly the ribs stand by themselves without adding any sauce.

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Howdy Smokin'! Welcome to the board. :D

Hope you'll join us in great BBQ & grilling discussions.

Post Sat May 20, 2006 6:49 pm
BBQnMama medium-well
medium-well

Been to the Rib House in Prospect/Longmont, CO and I gotta agree - they're good! If you like your ribs fall off the bone tender (I acknowledge some folks prefer to gnaw the meat off the bone) this is the place.

It's also in an interesting neighborhood that's great to take a stroll through afterwards (personally I roll, instead of stroll, as I eat way too much).

:)
Traeger Texas Style (BBQ075) w/ Cold Smoker
Weber Summit Silver
Weber Kettle

Post Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:29 pm
GrillyDog raw
raw

I lived in the Springs for 3 years and we went to Red, Hot & Blue. I liked the pulled pork sandwich and my wife liked the baby back ribs.

Return to Best BBQ Joint