Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint The Best Barbecue in the Portland, OR area

The Best Barbecue in the Portland, OR area

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
JohnnyB raw
raw

There is a small Barbecue chain in the Portland, OR area that does a great job with Texas-Style BBQ. The restaurant's name is Buster's Texas Style Barbecue. They do catering as well as eating in their restaurant. In fact, Mr. Clinton had them out to the white house for a Super Bowl party during his administration!
All of thier barbecue is with mesquite. It's slow cooked and they offer beef ribs, beef brisket, spare ribs, sausage, chicken (half) and turkey breast. Because of the slow cooking using mesquite the meat is extemely tender and flavorfull. If you are not used to eating chicken and pork prepared this way you may be put off by the 'pinkness' of the meat. It appears not cooked completely but I can assure you, it is. The mesquite cooking process is more smoking than a traditioinal carcoal barbecue.
It is the best barbecue that I've ever eaten from a restaurant. Busters can be found at five location's in Portland. My restaurant of choice is at 17883 SE McLoughlin Bv Milwaukie, OR 97267 (503) 652-1076
If you are ever in the area they are deffinitely worth looking up.

Return to Best BBQ Joint