Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Italy??

Italy??

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun May 22, 2005 8:09 am
d_smokin_b rare
rare

Well, this morning I wake up and here I am in Italy for 10 days or so. And one of the first things I think is. . . I am remiss for not checking the BBQ Bible for anu advise on discovering smoky delights while here. We are staying in Lerici near LeSpezia, just up the coast about 75 km from Genoa.

Last night my brother in law grilled some local fish for us - Bronzini - exquisitely done - simply grilled in tin foil with olive oil - moist. rich, ummmm.

Eaten on the patio terrace overlooking the bay. Mediterranean Sea, more specifically the Gulf of Genoa.

This is obviously a long way from Atlanta GA..

Anyone have any suggestions for smoky delights Italian Style?

d.b
d.b

Post Sun May 22, 2005 11:20 am
cmmull well done
well done

I don't know about "out West" but in the Northeast region, they knew what the term bbq meant. They had a few good places that served venison, ostrich, horse, boar, and various sausages all cooked via live wood fire.....I lived about 1 km from one of the places, and you even ate out on the patio, watching the cook work his magic on the food.

Post Mon May 23, 2005 4:26 pm
d_smokin_b rare
rare

Thanks for the post but we are indeed "out west" in Italy terms. Have had pizzas and foccaccias a couple of times that obviously came out of wood-fired stoves, but no smoked meats. . ..

I'll continue the search for the "smoke dulce"

d.b
d.b

Return to Best BBQ Joint