Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Yes, KC BBQ is all that!

Yes, KC BBQ is all that!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm

I just got back from a day in KC, and it was everything I had hoped for. It was my first trip their since I became a BBQ fanatic AND married a girl from KC, so the Q was my top priority. Her family swears by LC's in Raytown, so we went there and I enjoyed their combo plate (ribs, brisket, sliced pork). It was the best BBQ I have ever had in a restaurant!

Since I am now (and always knew I'd be) hooked on KC BBQ, it was a shame I was only there a day. Luckily my hotel was a couple of blocks from Danny Edwards Eat It and Beat It and they whipped me up a special plate to take back to California with me, burnt ends, ribs, ham and chicken! When I got home I was blown away, it was just a good as LC's, even after the trip.

I recommend both these places and the staff, my wife tells me, at Eat It and Beat It are the nicest in KC. I married a great woman, and boy am I glad she's from KC! We've already bought our plane tickets for the Royal!

Post Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I was able to eat at LC's last year and loved the food, Mmmm sliced beef & BBQ'd beans. :D I was also fortunate enough to meet LC. He sat next to us and read the paper while we ate. It was only after I complemented the folks behind the counter, after our meal that they suggested I tell LC. I didn't recognise him at the time so I was excited to shake his hand and thank him for the wonderful meal. 8)

My next visit to K.C. I think all add Danny Edwards Eat It and Beat It and Jack Stack to the must try list. :wink:

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:05 pm
tprover

I agree that LCs is a great place to eat. I will try Eat it and Beat it next time I am in town. Burnt ends are my favorite and Gates has great burnt ends and a good sauce. Smokin' Guns in Northtown has great brisket also and their rub is very tasty. It is hard to fit all the good spots in during a visit, my son and I were there for 2 weeks last Christmas and ate BBQ 13 times, nobody was open on Christmas day.

Return to Best BBQ Joint