Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Blue Smoke in NYC

Blue Smoke in NYC

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:27 am

We went to Blue Smoke last night for some Urban BBQ. It was great as always! My Wife, my Mom, and myself went...

We started off with a few apps for the table:

Devilled Eggs with Toasted Almonds and Watercress
Chipotle Chicken Wings with Creamy Blue Cheese Dip

The wings were great! The eggs were just ok.

For dinner we ordered:

Applewood-Smoked Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Buttered Green Beans
RHAPSODY IN 'CUE - St. Louis Spareribs, Pulled Pork, Smoked Organic Chicken and Hot Link
RIB SAMPLER - Kansas City Spareribs, St. Louis Spareribs, and Texas Style Beef Rib

Ribs were GREAT! Nice and a huge smoke flavor! Sooo tender. BEST Beef Ribs that I have ate..

Sides were:

Jackie's Fry Bread with Chipotle Butter
Macaroni & Cheese
Sweet Potato Fries with Maple Dip

The smokers that they use are Ole Hickory Pits.

http://www.olehickorypits.com/default.aspx?CategoryID=76

All in all the food was great and we had a great time. Don King was there sitting at the table right behind us. Was talking to him a awhile since he too is a big "W" fan. He bought us a round of after dinner drinks.

Price: $125 not including tip - Not bad for the heart of NYC.

When you are ever in NYC and want some good ole BBQ - try Blue Smoke. I am sure that you will be happy!!

Blue Smoke
116 East 27th Street
NYC
212-447-7733
http://www.bluesmoke.com/blue/index.html
Last edited by Crazy About Que on Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Adrian

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:59 am
GrilledSpam medium-rare
medium-rare

I'm currently reading Peace, Love and Barbecue: Recipes, Secrets, Tall Tales and Outrageous Lies from the Legends of Barbecue by Mike Mills and Amy Mills-Tunnicliffe. I haven't read "The Blue Smoke Story" section yet; but, it will likely be as good as the other stories in the book.

I've been very happy with this book. The subtitle of the book says it all.

For those who don't know, Mike Mills was specifically sought out to be a parnter in the restaurant.

Return to Best BBQ Joint