Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Houston TX BBQ?

Houston TX BBQ?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:39 pm
ddog27 medium-rare
medium-rare

I am going to be making a trip to Houston Tx. What BBQ joints should I pay a visit to? :D 8) :D

Post Tue May 17, 2005 1:48 pm
jrroz medium-rare
medium-rare

You will hear a lot of praise for Goode Company, and that is probably the one place you should try. Personally, I am very partial to Pizzitola's on Shephard and the Naked Rib Smokehouse in Manvel. Also, there is a real whole in the wall called Post Oak Ranch Bar-Bq on South Post Oak Road that has Brisket Tacos that are out of site.

Post Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:23 pm
flip

Your best bet around Houston........head out of town to a little town find a little cow town within 20 miles of the city limits and stop at the closest road side BBQ stand. It sounds crazy, but most of the grill masters in these places have been cooking for decades and their recipes are incredible. In particualar......Crosby TX has a few stands worth salivating over.

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:49 am
tamino

Great college joint. Bleu Lagoon located in Houston near downtown. Ribs, Funky Chicken, etc. Great food and company.

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:26 pm
PKGuy323 rare
rare

There's a place in Pearland and once you step in, you will NOT want to leave...

Central Texas Style Barbecue
(281) 485-9626
4110 Broadway St
Pearland, TX 77581

The best BBQ sauce I've ever tasted. When you walk in, the smokey smell taunts you into the line to try one of everything!
Charmglow Stainless Steel 5 Burner 720-0396

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:21 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

It's not cheap, and it's not Texas BBQ, but of you have never been to one, go to Fogo de Chao http://www.fogodechao.com/ since Houston is one of a handful of American cities that has one.

You can get a lot of pretty good brisket and beans all around the outskirts of town (especially if you fly into Hobby and drive north). Actually flights to Hobby are usually almost half the price as IAH and it's not a bad drive if you stop at a few 'Cue joints along the way ....

Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:54 am

For on the go, we checked out Big Daddy's. A cafeteria style thing, not too bad! Decent prices, decent food. Not world class but sometimes you just need McDonald's not filet mignon.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:46 am
ridout medium
medium

phillyjazz wrote:
It's not cheap, and it's not Texas BBQ, but of you have never been to one, go to Fogo de Chao http://www.fogodechao.com/ since Houston is one of a handful of American cities that has one.

Amen. Fogo de Chao is insane good. More grilled/roasted meat than your system can handle...

Post Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:47 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

ridout wrote:
Amen. Fogo de Chao is insane good. More grilled/roasted meat than your system can handle...

MY system ?? I could eat lunch and THEN dinner at Fogo.. The trick is a couple of caiparenha before, and just LOOK at the salad bar. Maybe allow an asparagus spear or cornichon. Stay away from the garlic mashed, polenta, fried bananas, black beans and anything else that wasn't hanging in front of a burning log a few minutes ago.

Fogo de Chao is for eating MEAT !! You can always have a salad for breakfast the next day if you feel guilty ...

Most people I know say they are on Atkin's (even if it is just for the visit ..)

Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:27 am
PostOakSmoke

City Market in Luling, NOT the Luling City Market in Houston is well worth the drive. Possibly the best BBQ in Texas.

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:52 pm
Nexenrod raw
raw

There's a good little place I go to every chance I get on the north side of Houston in Spring....
It's off I-45 and Rayford road (Richards road) only about a mile or so....called Country Time BBQ and fixins.....the guy and his wife serve up some mean BBQ and their BakedBeans and Potato Salad are pretty good.

I really like they way he makes pork ribs!

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:01 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board Nexenrod! :D

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:20 pm

i don't know if it is still there but there was a place called j&s bbq or j&s sausage on the ne side of town. it's in the "hood" but it is defenentily worth the trip. i believe it is off of homestead. if anyone knows the place and it's still open, give this person some help. anyways, they have bbq that is out of this world. i haven't been there in 15 years but like all good bbq joints, they don't just go away.

Return to Best BBQ Joint