Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Hot Springs Arkansas BBQ

Hot Springs Arkansas BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:44 pm
mudx2 medium-rare
medium-rare

Can anyone point me towards some good bbq in Hot Springs?? Thanks!!

Post Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:11 pm
charred medium
medium

You might try McClard's BBQ there ( www.mcclards.com ). I haven't been there myself yet, but have used some of thier sauces. They've been around a long time and actually use smoke pits. I've seen some of the platters there on TV shows, looks good. The story behind the main BBQ sauce and some of the past visitors is pretty interesting.

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 am

Thanks, I will definately check that out!

Post Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:51 pm
jduncan

when you go, get the half-spread (don't get the whole spread cause you can't eat it all). Be sure and take a Pepcid AC beforehand.

Post Tue May 10, 2005 3:37 pm
mudx2 medium-rare
medium-rare

I couldn't believe this. The day we had ear marked for going out to eat, THEY WERE CLOSED!! I couldn't believe it. We camped on Lake Ouchita for 5 days. Of course we q'ed everyday except the day we were going to go out. They were closed that day. I think it was monday. I couldn't believe it.

I guess that means I have to go back!! :lol:

Post Wed May 11, 2005 3:09 pm
charred medium
medium

mudx2, that just figures... sorry about the luck but I hope you had a good time camping! I did some digging and it looks like they are open Tuesday through Saturday, 11 AM to 8 PM. Someday I'll go there, just need another excuse than an all day drive for a meal.

jduncan (if you're still around), when you mentioned the Pepcid, is that a good thing or a bad thing? :lol:

Return to Best BBQ Joint