Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best Texas BBQ

Best Texas BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:06 pm
Bob Tinervin

Clark's Outpost Tioga, Texas. A five star chef from Dallas Gives it five stars. They smoke the meat first then BBQ. It's only 45 min. north from Dallas. the address is 101 Hwy. 377 at Gene Autry Dr. It's the only plase he would buy BBQ in Texas. I'm from New Jersey. It's a must stop when I go down Dallas :D .

Bob Tinervin
rtinervin1@aol.com

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Lockhart

Clark's is pretty good for north Texas(and better than the big name joints in DFW like Angelo's, Railhead, or Sonny Bryan's), but it's not in the same league as the best central Texas barbecue joints. I was born in Texas, raised in southern Oklahoma, and have eaten barbecue all my life, but I was totally blown away by how much better the places around Austin are. Black's(in Lockhart), City Market(in Luling) and Louie Mueller's(in Taylor) are the best I've ever had in Texas or any of the other several states I've had barbecue in.

btw, I'm not from Lockhart, just took that moniker because I consider that little town to be the center of my barbecue universe. Not even from Texas. From Colorado which seems to be completely devoid of high quality barbecue joints(and yes, I've eaten at Brothers in Denver which was someone's pick on this board as the best 'cue. Yeccch.)

Return to Best BBQ Joint