Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Dreamland in Roswell, GA

Dreamland in Roswell, GA

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:35 pm
bupo107 rare
rare

Went there this past weekend. Amazing Cue. Did not try the ribs, but they looked awesome.

I think the original one is in Alabama.
Bupo107
www.outdoorculinary.com

Post Wed May 04, 2005 9:42 am
BBQ Critic

The original is in Tuscaloosa, AL and was probably the finest place for ribs in the country until John and Lilly died (the original owner/operators). It's still exceptionally good. To get the best experience I would suggest the Tuscaloosa location. The other locations are more commercialized and have expanded menus. The sauce continues to be my favorite, even if it's mass produced now.

Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:35 pm

If you're in GA and liked Dreamland, try these two places:

A Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell and Old South Barbecue in Marietta. Do a search on Google to find it. You will not regret it. The slaw and Brunswick Stew at Old South are awesome!

God, I miss those two places. They're only about 6 hours away from me now that I'm in Kentucky. I should just hop on my Harley and go down there. Yum!

rvb

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:58 am
cmcadams well done
well done

There's a new bbq place in Alpharetta that I hear, from a BBQ guy is really great; I'll have to get the name of it, though.

I have to say that Swallow in the Hollow had very disappointing ribs. They're grilled, not smoked, and had no flavor to me. Their pork was good, though.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Return to Best BBQ Joint