Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Brooks BBQ in Oneonta NY

Brooks BBQ in Oneonta NY

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:03 am

Anyone ever go to Brooks BBQ in Oneonta, New York? I see that these guys have BBQ events or catering all of the place in Upstate NY. Then you hear all the locals running around saying "hey, the Round Top Church is having a Brooks BBQ"

I have a website for them at:

http://www.brooksbbq.com/index.html

--Adrian

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:30 pm

I went to Brooks BBQ this past weekend 4/2/05 and it was not so good. I had ordered Buffalo wings to start with. I swear these wings must have come from chickens that were at least 15 years old. They were huge and tasted like rubber. The wings were also not fully cooked.

We had ordered 1 order of pork spare ribs, and 1 order of the St Louis ribs. The ribs were very tender but the sauce was like water and way too sweet. These guys claim they have the best sauce around. I think that you econo line of no name sauce at the local super market will beat Brook's BBQ sauce. 3 hours later we all still have a very dry taste in our mouths.

-Adrian

Post Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 pm
digger

I've never been to Brooks BBQ. Great name though. I'm a long time Oriole fan. Dinosour BBQ does cater. There original Restaurant is in Syracuse, they've since opened one in Rochester and recently one in Harlem. It's great BBQ. Best Mac salad and BBQ Baked Beans I've ever had.

Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:37 am
mding38926

I grew up in upstate NY and went to college in Oneonta. Going to Brooks was a must do every time that the parents would come up to school. When I graduated and stayed in Oneonta, Brooks became an at least monthly trip for me. Their chicken is just amazing. While I would not call this BBQ (more grilled than cued) in any traditional sense, this is a great resturaunt with great food.

Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:52 pm
Trout medium
medium

Crazy About Que wrote:
I had ordered Buffalo wings to start with. I swear these wings must have come from chickens that were at least 15 years old. They were huge and tasted like rubber. The wings were also not fully cooked.

I'll be honest, but it seem most places outside of Buffalo can't do wings right. IMHO of course.

Return to Best BBQ Joint