Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Good BBQ spots in and around Tucson AZ

Good BBQ spots in and around Tucson AZ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:38 pm
RTward raw
raw

I am preparing to move my family to Tucson AZ from the East Coast and wanted to know if anyone can share any good BBQ joints in and around the Tucson area.

Thanks.
TucsonBound

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:29 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board RTward! :D

I haven't been to that region but if you hold on someone will probably be able to help.

In the mean time here is a SEARCH LINK that turned up some good info.

There are also some BBQ competitions held in Tucson! 8)

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:01 pm

Wow - sorry for the grave digging here but there are a few great Q spots in Tucson.

My #1 favorite is Mr. K's on South Park and then the place that used to be called Tom's BBQ at Craycroft and 22nd.

Mr. K's is awesome food - slow smoked over mesquite right in their yard with several barrel smokers. No screwing around at either place with broiling/boiling/backing and then drenching in sauce. The pulled pork at the new place is phenomenal but Mr. K's > * for brisket, chicken, sausage, etc.

Mr. K's also has some delicious cobbler and their collard greens are the best I've tasted.

Back to the grave yard.
Weber Summit S-650
Weber Somkey Mountain Smoker
Weber One-Touch Performer (blue)

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:01 am
AZjonz raw
raw

TusconTerror,

I agree with you on the Mr. K's. They do some good 'Cue over there.

Have you tried Brushfire (great name btw.) on Campbell? They are starting to figure things out and are making some pretty good food.

I found this place from another chat board and I gotta say I'm going to be a regular. Lots of good posters on here!

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:08 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board AZjonz! :D

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 pm
AZjonz raw
raw

Bob-BQN wrote:
Welcome to the board AZjonz! :D

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I can add something intelligent to the board or at least come up with some good lies!

Return to Best BBQ Joint