Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Dreamland Bar-B-Que

Dreamland Bar-B-Que

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

I found myself in Huntsville last week and I was surprised to find a Dreamland franchise there. I had no idea. My beef farmer is from Alabama and he's been telling tales about Dreamland ribs for as long as I've known him, so I had to check it out. Great place! Super friendly folks. The ribs were good as I expected, but the real highlight was the half chicken. Perhaps the best chicken I've had anywhere. Wow.

08.JPG
08.JPG (219.56 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

I visited three days in a row. Ha ha. Got some decent pics on the phone. More details in the link below. I hope nobody thinks this is SPAM, as I just do it for fun and don't have any ads on my blog. I just like talking BBQ...
http://bit.ly/1bg9hvC
Ride on, Grill on, Wok on...
www.CountrysideFoodRides.com

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

For future reference, this topic should only be in the Best BBQ Joint forum instead of in both forums. It looks better there.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:41 am
BaasPro medium
medium

CharredGriller wrote:
For future reference, this topic should only be in the Best BBQ Joint forum instead of in both forums. It looks better there.

Good point, but I only posted it here. Not sure how it ended up there, too. Feel free to delete this one, of course...

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Aha - I see what happened, I think. It may have been posted here and then moved, and whoever moved it didn't uncheck the box marked "Leave shadow topic in place". The problem is that if I remove this topic it will likely remove it from both forums.

No worries. It's OK - we'll leave things as they are. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It was I who moved the original post and left the shadow topic in place. :wink:

I don't know if I'll ever get to Alabama but if I do I hope to make a stop at Dreamland, and I've heard that the original in Tuscaloosa is the location to visit if possible. FYI, there's a brief story about Dreamland on page 315 of BBQ USA.

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 pm
BaasPro medium
medium

ScreamingChicken wrote:
It was I who moved the original post and left the shadow topic in place. :wink:

I don't know if I'll ever get to Alabama but if I do I hope to make a stop at Dreamland, and I've heard that the original in Tuscaloosa is the location to visit if possible. FYI, there's a brief story about Dreamland on page 315 of BBQ USA.

I did read the page on Dreamland in BBQ USA. Gotta admire a guy who can make a living just cooking ribs all day long!

Return to Best BBQ Joint