Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Williamsburg VA.area

Williamsburg VA.area

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:49 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

My wife and I went on a spur of the moment overnight trip to Williamsburg, Va. Kind of plain just get-a-way/four year anniversary /just over surgery trip. We ate at a place I never heard of before we saw the ad in a magazine in the motel. We decided on either a seafood place or a BBQ place--leaning towards the BBQ depending on what we saw first! But they were side by side!

We went to the Red Hot & Blue BBQ and were very glad we did. Very good food and not exceptionally high priced, nice atmosphere. Kind of wish I'd had ordered the whole ribs (12 ribs).

Apparently they are a southern state based organization for the most part. Michigan (okay it is not southern), Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, Maryland, Missouri, and Washington DC. You might want to check them outhttp://www.redhotandblue.com.
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Used to be a couple of them around the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of NC, but they closed and are gone. They had some pretty good stuff - Memphis Style (probably why they didn't do too good around here as most here are looking for North Carolina style - either Eastern Style or Lexington Style).

I miss Red, Hot & Blue as they are good and that was the first place I took my girlfriend (NOW my wife) where we sat and talked for hours (they weren't busy). Learned real quick that she liked BBQ - THAT is a GOOD thing!!!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Return to Best BBQ Joint