Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Blacks Barbecue - Lockhart, Texas

Blacks Barbecue - Lockhart, Texas

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am
tex_toby well done
well done

I was traveling across my great state of Texas yesterday and happened to be going near Texas BBQ Ground Zero - Lockhart, Texas. I had to divert off of my route a bit to hit this up for my Father's Day lunch.

Beef Rib, Pork Chop, 2 Spare Ribs and a ring of Jalapeno Cheese Sausage

Check out the size of this Beef Rib. Talk about a dinosaur bone! That was the largest rib I have ever tackled, hands down!

Even a little live entertainment to go along with my Fathers Day lunch

I gave the creamed corn a whirl along with some black-eyed peas. The creamed corn was excellent (a little cold), but tasted fantastic. The black eyed peas tasted a little undercooked to me. I just so full already though that it didn't matter. :lol:

We drove by Smitty's on the way in and the line looked just like Blacks. We decided to just try that one next time we were in the area. Something to look forward to, right? :)

tex
Last edited by tex_toby on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:25 am
sroach well done
well done

Toby,

Now that's a nice trip diversion, better then the typical gas station for the bathroom! That rib is outstanding looking! and were you there early or is there alway a line to get in?

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 am
tex_toby well done
well done

sroach wrote:
Toby,

Now that's a nice trip diversion, better then the typical gas station for the bathroom! That rib is outstanding looking! and were you there early or is there alway a line to get in?

This was my first time there (I live almost 6 hours away), but they say it's pretty much the norm. :)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's not a beef rib, that's a beef club!! :lol: I hope this was a family Father's Day lunch and you weren't traveling solo.

And apparently somebody at Black's figured out how to give Jerry Garcia the "Re-Animator" treatment... :shock: :wink:

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Excellent - those ribs are the biggest I've ever seen too!

I'm moving this thread to the Best BBQ Joint forum, as it seems to belong there - especially with those ribs. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 am
QJuju well done
well done

Beef ribs are my favorite and that is a definitely a dinosaur bone!

Return to Best BBQ Joint