Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best BBQ in Ohio

Best BBQ in Ohio

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:29 am
fubop raw
raw

I spent a few years in the Atlanta area and this Yankee picked up a serious BBQ addiction. I saw an earlier post on Harold BBq and have to say that is my Gold Standard in pork and Brunswick Stew.

When I moved to Columbus Ohio I was disappointed to find a lack of "real" BBQ in town. Friends would take me to a local favorite and I would find mushy flavorless meat covered with sauce. And not a peice of wood in sight!

Thank goodness for City Barbecue. They opened up a couple of years ago and hve taken the city by storm. They took over and old Donut shop and refurbished with lots of wood and country appeal. They also put in a couple of serious smokers out back that turn out succulent pulled pork and excellent brisket. The ribs are pretty good.

If you are passing through Columbus, find one of their locations, especially the original in Upper Arlington. You will probably have to wait in line. Then order the "Big City". You will get a generous portion of Pulled Pork and Sliced Brisket. Throw on a couple of sides. ( I recomend the Beans and Slaw) They have a variety of sauces. I use the mustard based. Pull up a chair or picnic bench and enjoy.

No doubt about it. This stuff is the real deal. It truly holds its own with the best Ive ever had.
Check them out at 2111 West Henderson Road Columbus, OH 43220 (614) 538-8890. It is worth your time.

Dave

Post Tue May 16, 2006 9:06 am
neverwins raw
raw

My two favorite places in Ohio are the Dancing Donkey near Cambridge and Bubba Q's in Avon Lake. Neither one is a chain and both cook low and slow.

Post Sun May 28, 2006 10:49 pm
whitepine raw
raw

Lived in KC for over a year, visiting almost all BBQ joints.
I must say, Bubba Q`s in Avon Lake , Ohio has
BBQ as good as anything in KC . The North
Coast doesn`t know what to think, they`ve never seen real BBQ before.
address is 820 Rt. 83, 15 miles west of Cleveland.
Avon Lake exit, right before the railroadtracks. 1.6 miles from I-90
This place is the real deal. :twisted:
Straight Kentucky Bourbon

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 pm
aweisfield rare
rare

I have lived in Cincinnati now for just over a year and have not found a good place here. Anyone have any recommendations?

Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:31 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board aweisfield! :D

Haven't been to your area.

Post Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Smackies Smokehouse in Columbus is a great place that smokes the ribs just like an authentic Texas BBQ.

Return to Best BBQ Joint