Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Great BBQ place in Knoxville or Pigeon Forge area?

Great BBQ place in Knoxville or Pigeon Forge area?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Cypher rare
rare

My wife and I are going to the Knoxville and Pigeon Forge area soon and I would love to track down a great BBQ place around there we can visit. I like sweet and spicy type sauces, don't like mustard based for the most part although I have had some good mustard based sauce.

Any recommendations?

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:58 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cypher, I've read positive reviews about Archer's but can't speak from personal experience. Good luck!

Brad

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Bennett's and Corky's in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg can be okay (NOT great) and Calhoun's has pretty good ribs sometimes, but overall none of them are outstanding. Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain BBQ in Sevierville is probably the best I've had in the area. And Buddy's isn't too bad too. Just don't have your hopes up too high and you might enjoy.

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 pm
jhb134 raw
raw

You might consider some BBQ places, in near-by Asheville, NC. I like Luella's, and some others, when traveling on certain vacations. I'm SURE you can find others, in the Gatlinburg area, or thereabouts, from some, other source. Good luck!

Return to Best BBQ Joint