Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint THE HICKORY PIG GAINESVILLE GA

THE HICKORY PIG GAINESVILLE GA

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:53 am
scott

OUTSTANDING IN EVERY DEPARTMENT. BODACIOUS RIBS, PULLED PORK PPILED HIGH DRENCHED IN A SECRET SAUCE SO TASTY THAT IT DEFIES DESCRIPTION. IT'S NOT HOT, NOT SWEET, NOT THICK NOT THIN NOT VINEGARY NOR PEPPER HOT. IT'S PERFECT EVEN IF IT'S THE "NOT" SAUCE. THE CHCIKEN IS MARINATED AND TENDER. THE BONELESS CHICKEN TASTES MORE LIKE A BEEF FILLET THAN CHICKEN, TOP ALL THIS OFF WITH PHIL'S FAMOUS NO MILK MILK SHAKE. ASK HIM TO SAVE SOME HOME MADE JERKY FOR YOU NEXT TIME COASE HE IS ALWAYS OUT. SLICED, PULLED OR CHOPPED IT'S THE BEST BBQ ON THE PLANET

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:57 am
bbqman3341 rare
rare

mighty fine pulled pork who's taste is only highlighted by delicious brunswick stew. pure hickory smoke in action. i like the size, 3 tables, 9 chairs and a few stools, and the service is attentive and personal. great ribs and jerky, when he has some.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:52 pm
bbqman3341 rare
rare

if you like harrold's bbq in atlanta ga it like the hickory pig in gainesville ga is based on the success of a predecessor, mobley's bbq. mobley's has been out of business for years now but both harrolds and the hickory pig copy his method to a tee. they still toast their white bread over live hickory coals, and each sandwich is made indiviually and both are extremely generous with their pulled pork.
there's something to be said for bbq served on whire loaf bread.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:55 pm
bbqman3341 rare
rare

hickory pig
3605 thompson bridge rd
gainesville ga 30506
770-503-5235
open 11-6 thursday, friday and saturday

Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:00 pm

this is the best bbq'd beef jerky on the planet

Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:27 am
larry

this is superb barbecue. i just wish he was open more than three days a wee, thursday, friday and saturday are eagerly awaited here. he has the finest slow cooked outside sliced sandwich served on white bread toasted over real hickory coals :P

Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:32 am
T Bone

boneless chicken thighs marinated in a classified, top secret blend of the colonel's secret spices and then some is my favorite here. comes in plates or sandwiches. this chicken is so tender and flavorful that the first time i tried it i wasn't sure it was chicken. my first guess was filet mignon. it was that good.

Return to Best BBQ Joint