Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Wild Horse Saloon, Nashville, TN

Wild Horse Saloon, Nashville, TN

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Decent BBQ...wouldn't call it the best BBQ in the world, but it was a great time. :wink:

Image'

A very talented Country Musician performed. His name was Phil Vaught....awesome!

It was St. Patrick's Day.....I didn't realize that Nashville was so crowded at night...maybe it was just b/c of the holiday, who knows. :?: But I at least celebrated it right...... :wink:

Horses running around on the ceiling:

The wife's Pulled Pork Sandwich...

My Tennessee BBQ Platter.......Shaved Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork......the Molasses BBQ Sauce was pretty decent....the Mustard-Based Sauce was "OK", but nothing spectacular.....pretty decent though. :)

All in all, the wife and I had a great time in Nashville...although everything was COMPLETELY overpriced, and due to the disastrous flood last year, not everything is back open.....will be better in the future, I imagine.

Hope y'all enjoy the pix! :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:58 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks for the report! Not everyone is comfortable pulling out a camera in a restaurant but that doesn't seem to be the case with you.

Is it a long drive from your home in SC to Nashville? Just think how many more barbecue places you could've hit if your trip had been by car! :lol:

Brad

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I didn't feel awkward about taking pix at the Saloon. Most everyone there was taking pictures of the concert, so no worries. :lol: And I couldn't disappoint all my BBQ forum buddies by going to a new restaurant and not coming back with a few pics! :wink:

My wife had a conference in Nashville, and her flight and hotel were paid for in full. So that's why I flew too...her flight was already booked before I knew I could tag along. Only thing we had to pay for was my flight. The drive is about 9.5 hours. Would have been a decent road trip, but I drive enough for work as it is. Although with my "near crash experience" on the way back home, I think I would have rather driven. :roll: I guess everyone has one or two horror stories about past flights.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to Best BBQ Joint