Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Let's kick off this contest!

Let's kick off this contest!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:22 am

For some really good eatin’ that’s sure not to dissapoint,
Let’s all go to my favorite BBQ joint.
The best mustard-based BBQ you ever put in your mouth,
In a tiny restaurant located in the south.
They’ll fix your plate up just right,
So,…let’s go…and don’t forget your appetite!

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:01 am

Now that you guy's have heard about the so called best. Let me put your taste buds to the test. There is a small time barbecue restaurant in North Little Rock. The name of it is "Mick's Bar-B-Q" at 3609 Mac Arthur Dr., North Little Rock, Ar. 72118. Don't let the name fool ya, his barbecue is no mickey mouse. It's so good it will make you want to camp out at his house. They have these ribs that are fall-off-the-bone tender, that seem as if they took a bath in the rich hickory smoke. :shock: They are smooooooked to the dog gone bone, Man! The taste takes me way back when my grand dad use to smoke fresh meats from the family farm in his smoke house. With select hickory woods & sasfrase woods ( that's
an old country wood that makes the meat smokey sweet ). When that smmoke house was pumping that rich smoke, the hounds use to bark all day and night :D Let me get to the barbecue beans, they are full of pulled smoked barbecue pork with green peppers, onions, special spices & sauce. With a tablespoon full of love. The list goes on for their menu it is full of wife-slapping-good foods. I give them ***** five stars. And the service is top shelf. "Mick's Bar-B-Q" is a step above. Mick's (501) 791-2773 My name is Mike, E-mail:curtis921@yahoo.com

Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:06 pm

:D
Georgeh wrote:
Best Joint: Zekes Smokehouse
Where: 2209 Honolulu Avenue, Montrose CA 91020 (818-957-7045)
Online: http://www.zekessmokehouse.com/
What: All styles and cuts cooked and served in perfection
Why: My wife says the pulled pork is the best on the planet. The lazy smoked chicken rivals Steve’s Beer Can Chicken (that’s hard to do). My personal favorite is the Texas style brisket with freshly made kettle chips. Zeke’s has a very clean and stylish décor. The wait staff are very friendly and accommodating even for my crazy BBQ flinging 19 month son. I can’t honestly say it’s the best in the world but I can in good faith nominate it for the title to whoever decides such things.

Enjoy,
George :D
iiI agree this place is great. the ribs are tops and the wife loves the bbq salmon salad.

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint