Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Let's kick off this contest!

Let's kick off this contest!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:45 pm
Leisa M rare
rare

Leisa McDonald
leisamc@austin.rr.com

My favorite BBQ place is Smokey Mo's in Cedar Park TX. They do ribs, turkey, brisket, no chicken. They also do breakfast tocos and desserts.

Smokey Mo's
100 E. Whitestone Blvd.
Cedar Park, TX 78613
512-828-4050

They recently won an award over several other BBQ restraunts. They also have their own rub and sauce Very good sauce. I keep a bottle at my house to use.

I do hope to win this grill for my husband.
Leisa
Missy's Mom

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:50 am
marinecorps

ROLANDS BARBECUE IN MOREHEAD CITY, NC

MY FAMILY COME ALL THE WAY FROM CALIFORNIA AND PA TO EAT HIS PORK, HUSH PUPPIES, IT'S THE FLAVOR HE PUTS ON THE PORK, AND HIS COLESLAW, WONDERFUL..

CONNIE COOK
525 WEST GRANTHAM RD
NEW BERN, NC 28562
252-637-7910
DCOOK10@COX.NET

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:48 am
robin99

Best Joint: One-Eyed Jack's Smokehouse Grill
Where: 5983 S Transit Rd, Lockport, NY 14094
Online: thewebaddress.com
What: They serve pulled pork, ribs, chicken, other barbequed items and a variety of beers.
Why: They have a cutting and basting room to view. Dpone in a "pit". Best taste in WNY!

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:18 pm
camille@mollierocket.com

Best Joint: Spitfire Grill
Where: 1207 31W Bypass, Bowling Green, KY, USA, (270-782-0187)
Online: no web address
What: The Blob
Why: Forget the normal jive at every other BBQ joint. The Spitfire Grill features The Blob – between two yummy corncakes is a mountain of pulled pork and the whole thing is smothered with baked beans. Big enough for two (or three) and only $4.99, this dinner is the cheapest date you can find. The sauce is divine, the atmosphere is laid back, and you look through the glass wall to the Harley Davidson store next door.

-- Camille Napier

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:41 pm

Valorie Hollan
luvs2win@iowatelecom.net

Best Joint: Al & Irenes Barbeque House
Where: 2020 N Towne Ct NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52402
319-393-6237
What: Ribs, Chicken, Pork, Beer
Why: They make there own BBQ Sauce's that come in mild and hot and they are wonderful.
They have won the BBQ Round-up in Cedar Rapids 5 times. These are the absolute best ribs I have ever eaten. They are so tender and juicy. We bought some of there sauces to try at home.

Thanks for the contest Steve, Valorie Hollan

Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:52 pm
wfd146 rare
rare

Delaware, being a small state, doesn't have many BBQ spots. One place that just opened in the southern resort area, is in Bethany Beach, about 5 minutes north of Ocean City, MD. The place is called Bethany Blues, and I had the pleasure of dining there a few weeks ago. They have ribs, chicken, brisket, and a variety of great sides. I have never tried brisket so I decided on that, and let me tell you, it was awesome! The ribs were great too, I stole a few from my girls friends plate. They have like 4 different BBQ sauces, and one that i really liked was a papaya sauce. I really liked the atmosphere too, it was quite cozy.

We stayed a few blocks from this place, and when I went out for my morning coffee and paper, I could smell the meat cooking in the smokers. That's when I decided on where we were going for dinner.

Mike Horgan
Horgan146@msn.com

Here's the link: http://bethanyblues.com/

Bethany Blues
6 North Pennsylvania Ave.
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Phone 302.537.1500
Fax 302.537.8080

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:07 am

KEN'S BARBECUE BIRMINGHAM, AL.

My vote for best barbecue is Ken's Barbecue in Birmingham, AL. Acutally the place is on Hwy 79 (Pinson Valley Parkway) between Tarrant City and Pinson, close to Jefferson State JC. My favorite is the combination plate. The plate comes with chopped (NOT PULLED) pork meat with a nice mix of inside and outside meat, smoked sausage, beans, slaw, fries and a slice of white bread. You can order a small or regular size plate.

Ken's uses a unique barbecue sauce that I have never come across anywhere else. This is true southern barbecue, none of that pulled pork crap. For a real treat try a barbecue sandwich with outside meat.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:14 am
Lockhart

1. Black's--Lockhart, TX
2. City Market--Luling, TX
3. Louie Mueller's--Taylor, TX
4. Smitty's--Lockhart, TX
5. Kreuz--Lockhart, TX

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:17 am

the hickory pig
3605 thompson bridge rd
gainesville ga 30506
770-5035235

best in georgia

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:58 am
Hawk rare
rare

Best Joint: Rudy's Bar-B-Q and Country Store

Where: 10623 Westoverhills Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78251

Phone: (210) 520-5552

Online: www.rudys.com

What: Brisket, Ribs, Chicken, Turkey, Sausage

Why:

As you drive up to Rudy's you can smell the smoky aroma of barbecue in the air all the way to the parking lot. You can feel the heat from the fire alongside the building. The food at Rudy's is grilled over a fiery hot flame fueled by oak.

All the meats have a unique taste from the special dry spice that is used. Service is great. As you order your meats, they are chopped right in front of your eyes. Staff are always friendly and quick to offer a smile .

Rudy's has the best cream corn dish to die for, it goes with any menu item. Among the sides you can get are potatoe salad, cole slaw, beans, and corn on the cobb.

Brisket and Ribs are definitely their specialty, juicy and mouth watering with just enough spices. Chicken by the half and turkey sliced like brisket when you feel like eating light. Baby back ribs and sausage links are also Rudy favorites.

Life is simple at Rudy's, food is served on long sheets of wax paper (except for the sides of course) so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.

For dessert you can have banana or chocolate pudding, brownies, or cobbler. Along with the usual beverages you can drink beer or wine. Rudy's is the place to go for authentic barbecue when you're out on the road and don't have access to your favorite grill.

Juan Jaquez
hawks2k@msn.com
Last edited by Hawk on Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:39 pm

The Place: Doris Cafe

Call 'Em @ 503-287-9249

Their Slogan: "Beef it Up, Pork it Down, but don't Chicken Out on the Best BBQ in Town"

Yes, this was the best BBQ in Portland. Sadly after many years, and currently for unkown reasons, this killer cafe has closed.

Know where else in town do the waiters put on a plastic bib when they bring out your food. When that happens you know it's go'in to be good.

Ribs (Beef or Pork) and fixed several different ways. Catfish mmmmGOOD! Hot Links...hard to beat. How about sides like Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Okra, Red Beans & Rice, Oh and Mac&Cheese too! This place rocked.

So put on your best black tux/dress, bring a bouquet of flowers and pay homeage to one of the great BBQ houses.
GrillerGreg

Joint: Rosie’s Rib Joint and Steak House

Where: 8125 E. 49th, Tulsa, Oklahoma (918) 663-2610

Online: http://www.rosiesribjoint.com/home.htm

What: Tulsa's finest baby back ribs, hickory smoked beef ribs, prime rib, steaks, seafood, brisket, chicken. A Tulsa institution since 1980.

Why: Tulsa's legitimate rib-joint. Down-home, finger-lickin’, cattle country atmosphere. Best melt-in-your-mouth smoked meats anywhere. Add sauce for tangy spicy perfect! Only 2 bucks a bottle, take some home! Terrific prices. There’s an all-you-can- eat rib night for $9.95! You’ll get a 40 item salad bar with Peel and Eats to boot!

Menu listed at: http://www.therestaurantguide.net/RosiesMenuPage.htm

Post Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:59 pm
Forrest rare
rare

Best Joint: Big John's Alabama Bar-B-Que

Where: 5707 North 40th Street, Tampa, Florida 33610

Phone: 813-626-9800 or 813-628-9353

Online: Are you kidding? These guys don't fool with no stinkin' PC!

What: They serve pork, ribs, chickin, rabbit and other good stuff. :D

Why: No don't leave! It's actually safe neighborhood and the place isn't on fire, but you may want to get your order to go if the smoke is too thick for you in the dining room. I kind of like it, if I don't have to go on a job interview afterwards. Order at the counter, and have a seat on one of the picknic tables. They'll have it ready for you in a minute or two. . . and if you like real smokey traditional BBQ then you are in for a real treat. It's cheap too, and their home-made sauce is fantastic. Last time I ordered a whole chicken there, they cut it up and put it in a box. Let's see, whole chicken . . . hmmmm . . . four legs, three thighs, three brests and two wings . . . looks like is all there! Believe me, Big John's takes care of you. Also voted the Best and the worst of Tampa Bay (best BBQ, but worst air quailty due to heavy smoke in the dining area)!

--------------------
BBQ Forrest
Tallahassee, FL

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:29 pm
shelaine

Pam's Bar B Que
2506 Foothill Blvd
Rock Springs, WY 82901

Their motto is, "You don't need teeth to eat our meat!" and the food is true to form. They serve beef brisket, sliced or shredded pork, ribs and chicken. Sides included greens, corn on the cob, baked beans, and cole slaw, among others. They offered dinner plates and sandwiches. Thankfully I don't live too close, or I'd be there every day! Everything is served picnic style, on disposable plates or in strafoam bowls so the clean up is quick and easy. We actually stopped there on our way from Massachusetts to Oregon, and it was the best BBQ place we found! And when we asked for some to take with us for sandwiches for lunch the next day of our trip, not only did we get the meat, rolls, and sides, but the service was unbelievable!!

My name is Shelaine Duncan email is m_shelaine@yahoo.com

Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:43 pm
greg_giardini

Campbell's Bar-B-Q
8701 SE Powell Blvd
Portland, OR
(503)777-9795
no web site

This place is great! The service is out of this world and it's in an old house, makes you feel like you're at home. They have a real wood smoker, and the smoke from it lingers in the air, you can smell the smoke on your way there! The sides come in huge family size bowls and the meat is plentiful as well. My girlfriend and I split a samlper platter with brisket, sliced pork and beef ribs with cole slaw, potato salad, and corn bread and had enough to split again the next day for lunch. You can taste the wood smoke, and the sauce was geat, they had a seeter brown sugar sauce, a mild, medium, and hot. The medium was perfect, and the brown sugar was great too! This place gives huge portions for a good price and was a great experience!

from greg_giardini@yahoo.com

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint